Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Why No Perp Updates?

Cman3144

Okay so.. I think i'm asking a question a lot of people are wondering... Why aren't there anymore PERP updates? I beleave if the people who did the last updates or what ever, started doing some more we could earn more players and have more of the older player such as my self come back.. To be honest PERP has gotten boring.. We've done everything there is.. Or atleast I have. So really.... Why aren't y'all doing anymore updates?

Okay so.. I think i'm asking a question a lot of people are wondering... Why aren't there anymore PERP updates? I beleave if the people who did the last updates or what ever, started doing some more we could earn more players and have more of the older player such as my self come back.. To be honest PERP has gotten boring.. We've done everything there is.. Or atleast I have. So really.... Why aren't y'all doing anymore updates?

Legal issues i think they are still working on the custom gamemode but idk

Edited by GhostNinjaX

We cant do much with the perp code that we have because of copyright and some other legal issues that I dont remember meaning we cant edit the code such as adding custom stuff in or anything else. The most or least that we can do is fix bugs in the gamemode. Right now we have a project that is being worked on for a new RP server. New map and everything. itll take a while but it will be worth it in the end.

• Like 2

We cant do much with the perp code that we have because of copyright and some other legal issues that I dont remember meaning we cant edit the code such as adding custom stuff in or anything else. The most or least that we can do is fix bugs in the gamemode. Right now we have a project that is being worked on for a new RP server. New map and everything. itll take a while but it will be worth it in the end.

I do have one last question.. Is the gamemode going to be Lite roleplay like it is now.. Or is it going to be one of those full on roleplays were you have to do /me for everything? Or is that not know yet...?

I do have one last question.. Is the gamemode going to be Lite roleplay like it is now.. Or is it going to be one of those full on roleplays were you have to do /me for everything? Or is that not know yet...?

yes, you will have to /me everything even /me moves left foot - /me moves right foot - /me breathes while walking - /me turns whole body to left - /me moves left foot - /me moves right foot

No Im kidding lol, itll be lite rp from what ive been told
  • Like 2

yes, you will have to /me everything even /me moves left foot - /me moves right foot - /me breathes while walking - /me turns whole body to left - /me moves left foot - /me moves right foot

No Im kidding lol, itll be lite rp from what ive been told

LOL.. :D

something something xbox giveaway

• Executive Council

It has less to do with legal and more to do with PERP code itself. PERP was written many years ago for a completely different version of GMod. It has been adapted many times, altered many times. To the point were its more practical to start from scratch.

It has less to do with legal and more to do with PERP code itself. PERP was written many years ago for a completely different version of GMod. It has been adapted many times, altered many times. To the point were its more practical to start from scratch.

oh, is there any thread with like the progress of what y'all are doing?