Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Purge Night?

Xnx Mechtanium

I was on today, and asked around about maybe doing a purge night. If youre not informed of what the purge is, This would make ALL crime legal for a night on the server. That means RDM, CDM, all legal. It was just an idea, and everyone was pretty excited and willing to do this. Thought maybe you guys would like to schedule a night to do it. Maybe in a hour to two hour period it woud go on? Just a thought of maybe attracting some more people to the server.

• Like 2

Guess the gmod division needs to make a debug server or whatever its called, like they did some months ago for an event I believe.

But it sounds pretty great though I wouldn't particiate in it with my own weapons and gear, would be pretty expensive lol. :)

edit

If they did make a 'Debug Server' or what kind they did for an event previous in the history, and added some boxes you can collect around the map, just like Hunger Gamews, then I would say YES!
:) Edited by Tut

I think this would be a good idea under certain circumstances. The Purge should be the exclusion of all laws, but not server rules. The only rules that may be invalid are 5 to 7, the rules that are for RDM, CDM, and punchwhoring. There may be other rules, but I can't think of any at the moment. And of course, NLR should apply.

Also, I think it would be interesting if mugging and kidnapping players was allowed during the event. Only allowing small amounts of money being requesting for mugging. Kidnapping another player may not have much of use.

I'd feel better about it if they were to temporarily reduce the amount money lost after death. This way it's not as heart-wrenching when you're constantly being killed throughout the event. Although, I do not think things like massive RDM should be allowed during this event. The Purge would still have to done in a semi-roleplay manner. If you just want to go on a massive rampage, then PERP isn't the place to be. As long as someone isn't walking the streets and shooting everyone on sight, I wouldn't have any issues with the Purge. I think that allowing massive RDM may result in the server becoming too chaotic.

I agree that Nexus should a safe house. No killing should be allowed inside the building and camping shouldn't be allowed outside the building. Meaning, they aren't allowed to wait for players to exit the building in order to execute them.

There wouldn't be much a need for government officials, other than possibly a mayor and his SS. The mayor could be an admin (or series of admins), hosting the event. He can choose to have secret service for protection. Assassination and kidnapping of the mayor shouldn't be allowed during this time. Like in the movie itself, the purge doesn't apply to people of high ranking. The SS would be there just in-case of any attempts to murder the mayor. When hosting the event, the mayor could explain simple rules and use broadcast to announce the beginning and end of the event. If wanted, the mayor could also broadcast every 30 minutes the amount of time they have left until the event is over.

It would definitely be an interesting event to witness, but it wouldn't a very good influence to new players. They may assume that this event may be the norm and cause future issues, and people unaware of the event may become upset if they join mid-way.

• Like 1