Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Server Is Going Down?

RealLifeVillain

The server is losing more and more his popularity. So today there are only 10-20 players on, few weeks ago there was about 40-70. Why are only a few players online today? Well, I think it is because since the server has his new IP its not in the list... so people cant find this server... so almost only people who know this server play on it.

Another thing... some people said they left HG because they removed some nice map (Like mall and ... vertigo) and yes I also think the new map rotation sucks.

However can you fix that pls? HG is my favourite zombie server but if there are only few players on... ya you know thats boring.

Heres the problem, a few changes were made to balance out the zombies and humans since humans had become way op, its not really zombie survival when humans are just destroying the zombies as soon as the come around a corner, basically Human Survival at that point. There is a suggestions subform in zombie survival and no one has ever really suggested anything when we do look at it, if they wanted new things or wanted to complain about the changes that were made and what should be done to make it better rather than to say "Peace im out" and quit. Quiting never solves anything nor does it help a situation, anyways things are being worked on but im limited to what I can say.

Well, lots of people playing the blame game in this thread.

From the outside looking in (as a regular), this is what happened:

1. HG has many terrible admins. I'm not pointing any fingers, but yeah. You can only take so much abuse by Gold members and just random slays, mutes, and gags before it starts to get on your nerves. For a regular player, this must be really fucking annoying.

2. Terrible community. You're shoving 70+ people into a server and expecting everyone to get along. It's not going to happen, especially when you have people like muffntop, JJK, and Raptor playing and tryharding consistantly.

3. NO UPDATES. Jesus, there are how many people in a position of leadership in HG? Only like 2 of them give enough shits to at least attempt to change something.

You can blame the IP change. Regulars still kept joining the server because they're not fucking retarded, and the others still kept joining from the server list because they're fucking lemmings. The IP change probably had very little to do with this, but ok.

Also,

other big reason - noone consults regulars and admins and myself on what needs to be changed

There is a suggestions subform in zombie survival and no one has ever really suggested anything when we do look at it, if they wanted new things or wanted to complain about the changes that were made and what should be done to make it better rather than to say "Peace im out" and quit. Quiting never solves anything nor does it help a situation, anyways things are being worked on but im limited to what I can say.

I think both of you should be ashamed of yourselves. You are both in a position of leadership in HG, but are almost entirely apathetic to the ZS server other than it giving you a place to jack off when you're bored. But, you know, you guys sure as fuck will comment to put the blame on someone else.

Also, this "something is coming in the future" shit is old as fuck. The server is dead. The server is dead because you guys don't have shit up your sleeves and, if you do, aren't even going to show it until it's too fucking late.

edit: I'm probably going to get forum banned for this. Roll tide.

edit edit: time to play perp

Edited by theGerryC
  • Like 1

3. NO UPDATES. Jesus, there are how many people in a position of leadership in HG? Only like 2 of them give enough shits to at least attempt to change something.

Because you are ignorant you will learn something new today/right now. We have 2 coders( to my knowledge) and they have different projects that they work through out the community that are with other divisions such as CSGO, CSS, TF2 and us (Gmod). They both (kigen and papa john) try on working on zs when they have the time to do so.

I think both of you should be ashamed of yourselves. You are both in a position of leadership in HG, but are almost entirely apathetic to the ZS server other than it giving you a place to jack off when you're bored. But, you know, you guys sure as fuck will comment to put the blame on someone else.
Again ignorance

Also, this "something is coming in the future" shit is old as fuck. The server is dead. The server is dead because you guys don't have shit up your sleeves and, if you do, aren't even going to show it until it's too fucking late.
Another ignorant statement

Terrible community. You're shoving 70+ people into a server and expecting everyone to get along. It's not going to happen, especially when you have people like muffntop, JJK, and Raptor playing and tryharding consistantly.

If theyre breaking rules then report them, if theyre being annoying, ignore them its like that everywhere and people who can restrain themselves will be able to handle it.

HG has many terrible admins. I'm not pointing any fingers, but yeah. You can only take so much abuse by Gold members and just random slays, mutes, and gags before it starts to get on your nerves. For a regular player, this must be really fucking annoying.

Im guessing youre refering to paid admins (they can buy gold and use admin on zs) you do know you can just report them for that? Record a demo and post an abuse report simple as that, nothing too hard.

You can blame the IP change. Regulars still kept joining the server because they're not fucking retarded, and the others still kept joining from the server list because they're fucking lemmings. The IP change probably had very little to do with this, but ok.
IP Change had nothing to do with low population like you said, it shows on server listings and on legacy browser listing, even if you tried joining the old IP it redirected you to the main server...
  • Like 1

Going along with what Blank said, why the fuck are you people here bitching? Honestly, if you aren't fans of our community or servers here then honestly get the fuck out, you're just wasting your time. We get our server is experiencing a low right now, but that isn't letting us give up. We know the tasks we have to accomplish to get back to where we once were, and it's going to take time, but we're up for the challenge. All of you can go and point fingers, but honestly if you're going to do that, you're a coward. I really find it funny how people say nothing is being worked on, but yet you've never been involved with ZS or leadership here. I know what is going on and we have plans that are being worked on. I accept the fact that our server is "dead", but I personally am someone that is not going to give up just because people left us, if anything that tells us we need to get better, not to give up.

• Like 5