Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Your Top 5 Hip-Hop/rap Artist/groups

ArTiC

in no real order

heiruspecs

childish gambino

hospin

alex wiley

kudi

For me, Cudi has been too inconsistent lately to be up there for me. I really couldn't get into Indicud or Satellite Flight, granted the latter was a departure from his usual grind.

Edited by Flare

For me, Cudi has been too inconsistent lately to be up there for me. I really couldn't get into Indicud or Satellite Flight, granted the latter was a departure from his usual grind.

not an expert by any means but personal opinion

a lot of his earlier works were fueled by his addictions, it felt like there was a lot more emotion in them. they were coming from his own problems/addiction/suicidal thoughts/depression and it was more personal

not going to pretend i know know his life or his problems but hes said in interviews that hes sober now so i feel like thats the element thats missing from his more recent songs

not saying its a bad thing, personal life > musical career. or maybe im wrong and hes just experimenting with new shit this could all be talking out of my ass, if i ever sit down with the man ill make sure to ask

a lot of his earlier works were fueled by his addictions, it felt like there was a lot more emotion in them. they were coming from his own problems/addiction/suicidal thoughts/depression and it was more personal

For sure, Cudi had a huge coke, weed and alcohol problem which he addresses in the majority of his earlier work. I liked the reflective/introspective stance he took with MotM2 compared with the first of the albums - it showed development.

To an extent, the same can be said for Indicud, as it was another change in sound for him. But in my opinion he took it a bit too far, with the gravely, harsh production and beats. Obviously, shedding his addictions is going to affect his music one way or another, I just wasn't a fan of his latest stuff. That being said, I'll still give anything he puts out a chance just because his earlier releases were so stellar.

ALL TIME:

Andre 3000

DOOM

Big L

Slick Rick

Inspectadeck (100% because the triumph verse)/Biggie/meth/gza/ODB

Todays current MC's

(Tied) Killer Mike and E-LP also known as run the jewels

Danny Brown (the most unique since outkast)

K.Dot

Mac Miller (NEW SHIT IS DOPE IDC IF HES DOING COKE SHIT MAKES HIM BETTER)

Ghost Face Killah (yeah hes been around, but his last two albums dropped in this decade and were fucking fire. Half of you haven't even heard them either go listen bitch)

Freddy Gibbs/KANYE

• Like 1

1. Army of the Pharaohs

2. Jedi Mind Tricks

3. Vinnie Paz

4. J. Cole

5. Dope D.O.D

Dam man reading this. I use to listen to alot of Jedi mind and Vinnie Paz a while ago and some AotP. Been a while think ima dig up some old cds and what not haha

I seen a few people wrote kanye. Idk man. Kanye just fell off for me hard. I liked everything before 808 heart break. Love them actually. But after that he just fell off for me. Yeezus was a dope album, I will give him that. But its just not as amazing or real as the shit before 808 imo

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...