Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

High Gain Antenna

RageQuit

My laptop has shit-tier connectivity in my room due to multiple walls separating me from the router. It works great anywhere within ~15 feet of the router, but everywhere else it drops out. Anyone have recommendations for a high gain antenna (for the 802.11n mode) that either is a USB device or can just be placed next to my laptop?

My laptop has shit-tier connectivity in my room due to multiple walls separating me from the router. It works great anywhere within ~15 feet of the router, but everywhere else it drops out. Anyone have recommendations for a high gain antenna (for the 802.11n mode) that either is a USB device or can just be placed next to my laptop?

I would personally recomend just getting something called a home plug. Its an ethernet plug in over electricity. You can find some as low as 50$. Had the same issue and thats how I solved mine

• Like 1

I would personally recomend just getting something called a home plug. Its an ethernet plug in over electricity. You can find some as low as 50$. Had the same issue and thats how I solved mine

Ditto this. For all of my folks who work from home offices, this is typically what we provide them and it works perfectly.

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-PA4010KIT-Powerline-Adapter-Starter/dp/B00AWRUICG

If your laptop doesn't have an ethernet port you can purchase one of these USB to Ethernet adapters....

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Gigabit-Ethernet-Network-Adapter/dp/B0095EFXMC

• Like 2