Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Important

Jeorey

Hello to who ever this may concern. I am fatcat as you may know or not know. Me and a lot of other people are having problems recording demos on minecraft relms. when trying to record a demo and play it back the demo breaks the symptoms: does not work, lasts 10 seconds and crashes the game when replayed, or if you are lucky it records one properly.

I have many witnesses besides my-self: Moderator HAL and Tf2 Advisor Misc2008. They also tried recording a demo in the past of a blatant hacker, just to find out that the server destroys demos.

ALL the other servers work for demos, and I'm getting a little upset, as rule breakers can use relms as their home to spamming,be racist,hack and anything else that can't proven enough on a screenshot.(And theres been a lot of cases)

Now I have 2 questions for you, could you please work on a fix and in the meantime due to an exceptional case of the server demos not working Could I use my justin.tv stream feed, as evidence against a player? I know that is not supported in the bans, but this is an extreme case as the servers are not operating as they should be. I don't think its right having players break the rules without being able to repremand them, and I don understand some-sort of proof is required in order to prevent admin abuse, and false reports. Therefore my temporary and optimistic solution would be to temporary allow players to upload proof via an external video on relms alone, as long as they have the status in console recorded, and thetime in chat. This would make it full proof and show the server info on the records as well as the time videoed. This could not be faked.

The server in question:

1924 suicided. (crit)

hostname: HeLLsGamers.com | Minecraft Trade Realms | FastDL

version : 2377855/24 2377855 secure

udp/ip : 64.31.16.220:27015 (public ip: 64.31.16.220)

steamid : [A:1:3178737668:4595] (90091731100872708)

account : not logged in (No account specified)

map : trade_minecraft_realms_final at: 0 x, 0 y, 0 z

p

If you read the topic is not only explaining the issue, its also a request to be able to temporary post other forms of proof as evidence against players. As we can't currently provide the proof that is required by HG. This is actually the most important point in my topic. I don't want relms to be a FFA for rulebreakers. I think if they break rules, they diserve to be punished, and frankly we can't punish them, as proof is currently impossible. So again, Im asking to be able to submit twitch.tv streams for proof until this problem is resolved. Who knows when this map will be ready, and that leaves time for many rulebreakers.

Already brought it up, SKay will be making us a map.

Yeah... we're aware of this issue

If you read the whole post, you'd realize my main concern is not the demos, it is to not have the server being a free for all for rulebreakers. The main question in fact is for this extreme case, would we be able to upload other medias or links in order to have evdidence against rule breakers. At this current time, there is no way to show evidence on bans, against these rulebreakers. And I feel the need to report them. From HG standards, demo's are the only formats accepted. No links, no twitch and no youtube. This means, until the map is created (Who knows when), we are vulnerable to rulebreakers, and we can't ban them as that requires evidence. I am asking for a temporary special permission to be able to upload other medias and use them against rulebreakers. If the map will be created soon, GREAT! we don't have use other medias for a long time. This will only help the server in the meantime.

Edited by RedDevil6193
l2edit

Maybe we should have some active Advisors or something high in there to call the shots? Until something is figured out?

Imgur is allowed for chat/ use print screen is it not? We use it in CS:S and CS:go, ehhh about garys mod.

I think that If you get the damn proof on here right now I would accept it. But I'm not a rule maker so it's up to them Cat

:/ Some people just have to make people work and fuck up there days And I'm talking to you RULE BREAKERS.

Ok, lets go and do some research or asking around before making threads shall we?

And something has changed recently that makes game.me proof invalid... (which is what I did before misc disapproved the ban below)

(this post is for Darkkran because I do not think he understands this is a TF2 Issue and his post helps with absolutely nothing except addressing the obvious.)

[ban where issue was addressed]

http://hellsgamers.c...ahookerxxxxxxx0

The main reason I am not on that server is this issue. But they have been dealing with it for a month, and they have known about the problem for even longer. So the solution Jajolt and I were working on prior to him being demoted was finding a new map and Jolt talked to SKay who told jolt he would be making us a map.

Edited by RedDevil6193
l2edit

The main reason I am not on that server is this issue. But they have been dealing with it for a month, and they have known about the problem for even longer. So the solution Jajolt and I were working on prior to him being demoted was finding a new map and Jolt talked to SKay who told jolt he would be making us a map.

Again Like I said, even in the title, its addressed to UM+. Im seeking an authorization from the only people who can authorize a actions on a exceptional cases. What im asking from UM is to give us authorization to provide proof in another manner until the situation is dealt with. Only they are able to authorize such things, and Id like to keep our servers as professional and clean as possible. I don't believe a map error should prohibit the efficiency and reliability of the server. I don't think its fair to our community, and I don't think its fair to our players. We need to keep rule breakers out at all cost, in order to have a happy division and have the best for our community. If you guys are comfortable having an free for all and lawless server while we wait for the map to be created, then that is another story.

Again Like I said, even in the title, its addressed to UM+. Im seeking an authorization from the only people who can authorize a actions on a exceptional cases. What im asking from UM is to give us authorization to provide proof in another manner until the situation is dealt with. Only they are able to authorize such things, and Id like to keep our servers as professional and clean as possible. I don't believe a map error should prohibit the efficiency and reliability of the server. I don't think its fair to our community, and I don't think its fair to our players. We need to keep rule breakers out at all cost, in order to have a happy division and have the best for our community. If you guys are comfortable having an free for all and lawless server while we wait for the map to be created, then that is another story.

Here's a manner you can do, just sit at spawn. Digi said that it fixes it. Or record with fraps, or anything. [Even though last time i checked hg doesn't accept youtube links, but everything changes 24/7]

EDIT: "lawless"+Community = Never has been done.

Edited by Buk Lau

Therefore my temporary and optimistic solution would be to temporary allow players to upload proof via an external video on relms alone, as long as they have the status in console recorded, and thetime in chat. This would make it full proof and show the server info on the records as well as the time videoed. This could not be faked.

I've asked about this previously but not had any feedback. Guessing the answer is still no *shrug*

• Like 1

Here's a manner you can do, just sit at spawn. Digi said that it fixes it. Or record with fraps, or anything. [Even though last time i checked hg doesn't accept youtube links, but everything changes 24/7]

EDIT: "lawless"+Community = Never has been done.

Im glad to see, you and I have the same solution, but unfortunately UM+ calls the shots. Id like an aproval from a department who can authorize such things. As for what digi said, you have to sit in spawn, maybe that is true. But that has many flaws if it is the case, and you'd need to wait to record. Literally 80% Of rule breakers, on ANY server are hard to get a hold of as you need to be fast in recording. Now if we need to depend on a half working demo, hope that it works, im sorry but that just means most rule breakers will get away with squat, due to timing and broken proofs. Thats not fair for our community, I'm just asking to be able to submit other proof in the short time (I hope), that the map is being created. Besides if the map is going to be created soon, then we shouldent have to accommodate HG bans for long, therefore it wont really hurt anybody just help. I personally don't think this map will be created anytime soon, as last year we had to wait a few months to just get a map edit. Let alone a complete map being created. Our community will suffer, our rule breakers will strengthen, our community servers will be less enjoyable and lawless.

Let me remind you, we've already lost staff members in our community, the last thing we need is less ways to monitor. While we do have great staff, we still lack some.

Broken Evidence=No Punishment

No Punishment=FFA,Lawless

FFA,Lawless= Decrease in players,efficiency,professionalism,

I was told we could record via something else.... but we would need additional proof proving it was the HG server...

[Edit]

Example: Gameme logs proving you and the person you banned were in the server at the same time.

Edited by HAL
  • Like 1

Here's the issue.

Right now I'm busy bringing the JB maps up to speed since CSS is in desperate need of updating and CSGO is due an update here soon.

For now we'll research a temporary map and once I have some time, I'll create a brand new map from scratch.

• Like 1

I have changed it to diff trade map, if you dont like it suggest other maps.

Well the map u changed it to, is the same version of relms and still has the same problems. Can't report anybody. Il try pm UM's because this isint working and this isint good for the server.

Here's the issue.

Right now I'm busy bringing the JB maps up to speed since CSS is in desperate need of updating and CSGO is due an update here soon.

For now we'll research a temporary map and once I have some time, I'll create a brand new map from scratch.

And like I assumed, and with the confirmation of skay, the map won't be done anytime soon leaving MASSIVE vulnerabilities to our server.

This means, until the map is created (Who knows when), we are vulnerable to rulebreakers, and we can't ban them as that requires evidence.

Edited by FatCat