Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Could Use Some Help And Advice Please

Donny1020

so ever since i bought my new computer (about a year ago) i have been putting up with the fact that my computer minimizes fullscreen games constantly and for no reason. i have been told it could be me plugging my iphone in but even when my iphone isnt plugged into my computer it still minimizes games. very frustrating when playing comp in cs go or fighting something in diablo 3 and such. any ideas on how to fix it or what the issue could be? plox help

Run everything in fullscreen windowed and enjoy seamless alt-tabbing. In steam right click the game and click properties then set launch options and paste -windowed -noborder -novid. This method works for all source games so for other games you need to do a bit of digging but its seriously worth it in my opinion.

This usually fixes problems with fullscreen for me. Often when I'm non windowed fullscreened i get freezes all the time.

• Like 1

Run everything in fullscreen windowed and enjoy seamless alt-tabbing. In steam right click the game and click properties then set launch options and paste -windowed -noborder -novid. This method works for all source games so for other games you need to do a bit of digging but its seriously worth it in my opinion.

This usually fixes problems with fullscreen for me. Often when I'm non windowed fullscreened i get freezes all the time.

Only Problem with this is if you have second monitor your mouse can freely move over to your second monitor

• 2 weeks later...

Had the same issue.

I downloaded a game booster.

Basically it will shut down background apps and such.

Worked for me :)

"Game Boosters" are not a good idea, they can often close background tasks that are necessary for keyboard macros and file / network sharing. Plus, the positives of "freezing your background tasks" is negligible. I would not use one unless you could specify which processes to pause, but OP obviously doesn't know about any processes running on his computer so it would be a crap shoot for him.

Interestingly enough, the benchmark was actually slightly slower with Game Mode enabled. The results here are well within the margin of error, however. Game Mode didn’t slow anything down, but it also didn’t speed anything up. Game Mode didn’t do much of anything at all.

http://www.howtogeek.com/171734/benchmarked-will-a-game-booster-improve-your-pc-gaming-performance/

"Game Boosters" are not a good idea, they can often close background tasks that are necessary for keyboard macros and file / network sharing. Plus, the positives of "freezing your background tasks" is negligible. I would not use one unless you could specify which processes to pause, but OP obviously doesn't know about any processes running on his computer so it would be a crap shoot for him.

http://www.howtogeek...ng-performance/

Didn't encounter those problems tho