Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Jailbreak Update Is Less Than Stellar...

As much as I appreciate seeing updates being added to a map that does not see many of them any more, this update was kind of unnecessary. The map is far too bright for starters. Secondly why the change from "doge" to "dog"? These are just a couple of the issues, but there are definitely more.

Edited by The Great Jeez
  • Like 5

I agree. I don't really see many additions except for the DM arena but we don't even have the mod enabled right now, it's just some bugs and a different name. I could name the bugs here but I'll just get told to post it elsewhere, so that's what I'll do. Anyways, I'm curious to know what was the reason to make the map so bright.

I'm not trying to trash you skay, thanks for the effort in mapping but I feel like you didn't even test it before adding it to the server.

• Like 2

When you think about the map changes, what SKay was trying to do was significant, but sadly some things are just completely off and missing. It seems like either the map was rushed out with limited time or the map wasn't properly looked over for bugs, glitches , etc. I think the map should be reverted back to old map before until the new "changed" map is better looked at and the plugin for deathmatch is ready.

Let's try this out for a change....

SKay,

Thanks for taking the time to update the CSGO JB map. Not being a mapper myself, I'm guessing it's probably a pretty tedious job and the only time you really hear from the players is when shit doesn't work right or when someone spells doge, dog. Thanks for the efforts.

Here's some feedback I have. I like/dislike the map for the following reasons.... <<insert constructive feedback here>>

I noticed some bugs and I'll post them over in the bug thread so you can address them. If the bugs are severe enough and impacting game play, maybe we can roll back to the original JB map until they are worked out. I'd be happy to test out the new map when you're ready so we can see if it's ready for prime time.

Thanks again,

Random Player Name Here

• Like 4

If you were even there for the map change bonbon said and I quote "Theres nothing new to explore, The real update comes later"

That being said I like the change, The lighting before was fucking horrible; it was dark and gloomy, the whole DOGE house "HAHA LE FUNNY MEME xD" only encourages such stupid behavior. Keep it at dog house to respect the mapper's name, Obs is much easier now and I enjoy that (Maybe now I can beat it). What you listed as "issues" aren't issues, their just problems you had with the update. Ill end with this, Not being a mapper myself or knowing anything about how to make one. Thank you Skay for your contribution to HG. The map is wonderful and I enjoy it fully. Its nice to have a change or two in the map no matter how small they may be. Also pool is fucking awesome.

Edited by Bill Cosby
  • Like 1

Let's start this charade off shall we?

No. I'll be the bigger man and point this out to you;

I am one bloody person. I can only test some things. The obvious things were fixed and while I could say I overlooked P250 and the Bizon, theres some other things to keep in mind.

I had to fast forward an older version of this map for it to be usable. We only had 11e at our disposal and rather than make a bones of it, I used it.

Most of the mechanics of 12c HAD TO BE brought forward. The Bizon is a casualty of having to fast forward this system.

I'm already working on fixing these things. Fucking calm down.

Also whats wrong with the lighting? I like that it's not gloomy as fuck.

• Like 1

Wow, I knew the jailbreak community was full of a bunch of entitled fucks, but this is a new low.

This update wasn't for you ungrateful douche nozzles, I asked Skay for it so I could test dm, as well as update the map back to original for the 4 versions we lost the source for.

• Like 6