Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Deadmau5 Head - Toru

ToruChan

Okay so currently I'm working on this project with my mum where we are making a Deadmau5 head.

Because I'm not as rich as I would have hoped for, I cannot buy one myself, so I am making one.

Currently I am waiting for additional materials I have bought from various sources.

And I thought it would be fun to share the process on here, as I currently have begun with some of preparations.

List of materials.

Non chemical luminescent bio tape - 1 meter

Ball 14 inch for normal people (I'm pretty tiny and my head isn't all that big, which results in me buying a 10 inch ball instead.)

Paper mache - 7 layers

Pushlights x2 - 4.5 inch diameter

cardboard - 2x2m - Depending on your head size and or schematics may vary.

Soft fabric - colour varies depending on personal choice, (Remember ears and head will be covered by the same material)

Adhesive spray - clean finish when applying fabric to head and ears.

Buckram - see through white fabric for mouth opening (do not apply water as it may solidify and or stiffen)

Foam core - Colour varies but will not have any effect as this will just be used to withhold the buckram fabric. (I suggest core foam with a side of sticky tape - can be bought at hardware stores and online stores cheap)

I use official schematics -

deadmau5_head_schematics.jpg

Here's my current prep.

post-19388-0-44180100-1414183693_thumb.jpg

What you can see here will be the eyes, they are pushlights with a diameter of 4.5'' inches - 11.43 cm

post-19388-0-20547700-1414183696_thumb.jpg

post-19388-0-38878500-1414183699_thumb.jpg

This results in them being capable of lighting up like the eyes should. (Last image displays the lighting in darkness.)

Lastly I use luminescent tape around the ears to create a cyan glow, now I sadly can't show you when they light up right now, as they have an uptime consisting of 72 hours, this means as soon as I peel off the back they will glow bright cyan for the next 72 hours, and I can only apply this for the 3 days I will be using the head.

Image displayed below is 1 meter in length and 2.4cm in width - 3ft 3/8 inches in length - 0.94 inches in width.

post-19388-0-89729600-1414183703_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

But Prime, Raise Your Weapons is based around a house initially + You can't say that an artist makes dubstep based on a single or two tracks.

Deadmau5 primarily creates house and electronic music.

progressive house* and i never said hes a dubstep artist, just that hes made it. he said he wanted to try and see how easy dubstep was to make