Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Headphones/headsets

PoorStar_Nutbag

What does everyone use? Currently i am using the razer kraken 7.1 but i think the sound quality is bad however the mic works great.

I have been thinking of switching to some audiophile headphones and using an attachable mic. I know i am interested in the sennhieser 558 headphones but do not really know what mic to pair it with though. Looking at the modmic 4.0 by antlion right now but was wondering what other people use cause 50$ seems pricey for an attachable mic

Kingston hyperx clouds were on sale earlier today for 60 on newegg. Paired with a 40 buck sound card you can get some decent sound, but your listed 558s will work great as long as you have great on board sound or a separate sound card/amp.

GA-G1 sniper by gigabyte. i am pretty sure this has good audio chip already but correct me if i am wrong

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128706&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Intel+Motherboards-_-N82E16813128706&gclid=Cj0KEQiA-uWjBRChu9ie05m5ipgBEiQAuHIuK8Q4lE-W9UGNZMIgThtZ8QE6Ri2AcNZNwNHiRlTcGGcaAn2A8P8HAQ

Its a decent one for onboard. Just make sure if you buy true audiophile headphones that you don't skimp on the amp and sounds stuff.

http://www.head-fi.o...amic-t51i-added

The guide for all audiophile gaming and just decent headphones. Worth the read

I went with the sennheisser 558's. Dont think i need an amp for them though, everything i read so far says adding more circuitry would decrease the sound quality but would raise the volume and to only using an amp if i am not getting a loud enough volume with a direct connection. Correct me if i am wrong on this

I went with the sennheisser 558's. Dont think i need an amp for them though, everything i read so far says adding more circuitry would decrease the sound quality but would raise the volume and to only using an amp if i am not getting a loud enough volume with a direct connection. Correct me if i am wrong on this

Volume can be the main issue with headphones with beastly drivers. Some need a lot of power to power them drivers. Good call on the 558s though.

Try them on the onboard sound without an amp or sound card and see how they sound. If they are quiet (you have to crank the sound way up) or just not very clear then try to find a decent sound card/and or amp.

Also back in the day some sound cards would cause some issues due to them not being shielded. Now days this isn't really an issue. I was using onboard (gigabyte ud5) for a long time then I changed from siberias to my current clouds (almost got the pc360s but to pricey). They were really quiet and didnt sound to well. Went to frys picked up an asus dgx sound card and it made 100% difference. Everything is clear and much louder. If you want more audiphile grade then look into the fios systems etc (check headfi.org for more info on this).

• 2 weeks later...