Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Figuring Out Sens In Game

Alright so I cannot figure out what is a good sensitivity...

I have been reading online that many people use the following

Windows settings

6/11 (Mine is set to this)

Mouse accelerate = off (again this is off)

Enhance precision = off (and once again I turned this off)

In-Game

Sensitivity 1-4 (depends on person) Tried it at 3/4 and then @7 see demo)

Raw Input = off

Mouse Acceleration = off

I have currently a Logitech MX310 which is supposedly 800 Dpi and I don't believe it can be changed. With all those settings set it seems like it takes an excessive amount to do a full 360 turn (read from one edge of mouse pad to other on a 7 inch pad) and just generally moves really excessively slow.

I have been playing with the In-Game sensitivity set to somewhere between 13-15 recently but the accuracy is all over the place. I have heard that monitor res will affect it but mine is odd and really only looks crisp at native which is 1600x1050 and the next lowest setting it 1440x900...

Does anyone have thoughts on what is going on with this? from everything I've read it should be playable @ half the DPI with the settings used yet it seems to move so excessively slowly that I always get killed before the mouse will even line up the shot.

Also figured since this is something I'm looking for specifically for this game (well probably source as well) it should go here.

alten.dem

A high sensitivity isn't always the best thing, especially if you can't aim for shit. You don't need to be able to do 360's with a flick of your mouse, unless you're trying to trick shot, but I assume you're actually trying to do well in the game. Most people have the conception that a higher sens is cooler to show off with and they just stick to it, possibly due to ignorance as well. A lower sensitivity will do better for you when you're aiming and being more precise.

If your mouse is set to 800 DPI and you're playing with a 13+ ingame sens, I'm not sure how you even keep track of where you're going. Some people are able to play on a high sens but, again, there's no reason to force yourself too. Find what's comfortable, disregarding how fast it is, and work with it.

Here's a video by warowl on sensitivity:

You can also check out whatever related videos there are. Find something that is comfortable for you; being able to aim precisely, but also turning with ease (a 180 degree turn should be the largest turn that you need to do at any time).

• Like 1

A high sensitivity isn't always the best thing, especially if you can't aim for shit. You don't need to be able to do 360's with a flick of your mouse, unless you're trying to trick shot, but I assume you're actually trying to do well in the game. Most people have the conception that a higher sens is cooler to show off with and they just stick to it, possibly due to ignorance as well. A lower sensitivity will do better for you when you're aiming and being more precise.

If your mouse is set to 800 DPI and you're playing with a 13+ ingame sens, I'm not sure how you even keep track of where you're going. Some people are able to play on a high sens but, again, there's no reason to force yourself too. Find what's comfortable, disregarding how fast it is, and work with it.

Here's a video by warowl on sensitivity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct8U06Wonhk

You can also check out whatever related videos there are. Find something that is comfortable for you; being able to aim precisely, but also turning with ease (a 180 degree turn should be the largest turn that you need to do at any time).

Awesome video. as for being able to see where I am going it is the level that I am comfortable at. I've always been playing at that high of one and anything slower seems just nearly unplayable. How ever at the same time it's like the Aiming is all over the place. A good chunk of time can go on a rampage (Crackhouse) but others it's like I can't hit the broad side of the barn. IDK I'm thinking going to have to play with it a fair bit before figuring it out, Need to as I wish to actually start playing the competitive side of CSGO.

My sensitivity is 3 and 800 DPI.

The sensitivity is just very personal and you should play some games figuring out what kind of sensitivity will work out for you.

Some games you put the sensitivity low and some games you put it on high and see what you like best. OR just go do some Deathmatch.

I think it is Deathmatch that has me all screwed up. I've been playing nothing but for years and years. I might have to try some regular matches with a lower and see what happens.

Yeah by all means do not play someone elses Sense, You have to figure this out on your own, I used to play on a crazy sense because Ive always been a wrist player. Ive since lowered my sense to have more precise aim. Just play some community comp games and slowly make your adjustments, don't go and make crazy crazy adjustments just lower it each time and try to play a little more with your arm, I like to use my wrist to aim and when im running around I kinda use my arm to help check corners, hope this helps

Edited by Mickey x Mouse