Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Need Help

blackberry4511

So, i've had this ASUS router for some time now and its done its job rather well. I have almost no complaints, except for this one. I recently wanted to try streaming, because i wana see what all the fuss is about. But instead of getting a nice smooth video that was so beautiful that your eyes melted into your skull, i got a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation with a resolution of about 1 pixel. But the audio, fuckin grade A+ prime quality. So i do a speed test and find this out

3989992702.png

Yep, thats .26 of uploading fun. Oh, and heres the kicker, my upload speed on the wireless is fucking 20mbs.

I contacted Asus support and i only got the "Did you turn it off then back on?" bullshit, and the lady i was talking to didn't have a clue in the world.

SO, I would like to figure this out. Like today.

IF YOU KNOW YOUR SHIT, please tell me, im all ears.

IF YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR SHIT, move along and dont you dare think about posting.

My router is an Asus RT-N66R, firmware is up-to-date and all that stuff.

Yep, thats .26 of uploading fun. Oh, and heres the kicker, my upload speed on the wireless is fucking 20mbs.

Where do you see that if should be 20mbs? Just because a router supports 20 mbs does not mean that is the internet speed you will get.

I have to much stuff connected to the wireless to unplug it completely.

^When you say this do you mean there are multiple devices using the same wireless connection?

Try running the test with a wired ethernet plugged directly into your computer.