Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Development Team

UnPrePared_

So I saw some status updates that people are looking for GFX members, Mapper, Coder or even modeler.

But no one really does apply for it and there are only 2-4 people in it and somethimes only 1 (papa john).

So why don't these people from the development team give workshops or teach other fellow members of HG and make them interest in making gfx, maps, codes and models?

Personally I'm very interested in all four (stated above) of this but I don't know where to start, like the most people on HG. (Coding shouldn't be too hard for me I will learn a new language in 3-4weeks) but the other stuff I've no clue about.

Maybe the heads of the development team can do this if they have the time for it ofcourse.

• Like 1

So you expect us to teach you something that we learned in our own time, in our own way and without help from others? Made me laugh to be honest.

I know plenty of people who want to start mapping, coding and modelling and there is plenty of online tutorials out there that can teach it better than we can. Besides we're here to work. Not to teach for free.

• Like 1

So you expect us to teach you something that we learned in our own time, in our own way and without help from others? Made me laugh to be honest.

I know plenty of people who want to start mapping, coding and modelling and there is plenty of online tutorials out there that can teach it better than we can. Besides we're here to work. Not to teach for free.

/thread..

Skay. Somone wasted their time to make youtube films because they want to help people and share there knowledge and what their good at with other people. So yes he wasted time for you so you should help people. And youtube cant help if he has questions he needs answering

Edited by iAman
  • Like 1

I like the idea of this but it all depends on different things. One of them being free time available. The teams have multiple things they work on at times, mapping team for instance is working on maps from jailbreak to gmod stuff. With the given free time they have they spend working on those and it may not appeal to most to spend time teaching someone with no knowledge. With that said, if you were to learn the basics of, we will say coding for example, coding I'm sure that papa John or any other coder would be glad to share some knowledge with you as it is easier then helping someone with no knowledge.

TLDR - learn basics then ask for clarification I guess.

Excuse grammar errors as I'm on mobile phone.

• Like 1

Burnt has a point its easier to teach someone with a little knowledge they gained from tutorials and learn the rest through questioning the pros.

Point of this post: Try your best to learn a bit in your own time and ask for clarification.

(Just making sure you guys get the point of Burnt's post since a short paragraph may look like a lot)

• Like 1

Why are you so rude? Jesus Christ. I contemplated starting tutorials and basic guides for people when I was in dev team just for the sake of it. I always helped people when they asked too, there's no need to be rude. Pointing people in the right direction or helping them isn't that hard honestly. I know you guys don't do a lot in dev team right now so I can't really see how time would be that much of an issue.

Edited by youthedog
  • Like 13

The key factor, as many people have pointed out, is time. I know myself and Kigen (and even Homer) have issues working in HG day-to-day stuff with work, school, and life in general. So while I don't necessarily agree with the way Skay delivered the message, he is right. Most of the tutorials and workshops you're looking for are on the internet and youtube. It requires a little more effort to find them and you'll certainly struggle more on the onset, but it is all about repetition and practice. Not to mention I think you'll have a better understand of the subject matter if you teach yourself as you will have the benefit of experiencing your own successes and failures (not to mention experimentation).

Edited by Papa John
  • Like 4

After coming back to it the way I said what I said was as blunt as fuck.

But the point I was getting at I still stand by.

You'll never be able to actually come to your full potential by just having someone like us teach you and hold your hand until you're able to almost replicate what we do. You have to learn your own way of doing things and for that you need to practice in your own time.

• Like 1

the random disrespect to dev team threads are always fun, keep asking more from volunteers while simutaneously shitting on what they already do!

and no, not necessarily you, op.

It's not disrespect, he's a leader of a divsion and apparently the head of the dev team, when you're in that position, you're supposed to help the community, not tell them it's too much work.

• Like 2

It's not disrespect, he's a leader of a divsion and apparently the head of the dev team, when you're in that position, you're supposed to help the community, not tell them it's too much work.

if i am correct, if youre the head of the dev team your job is to watch over dev team and ensure jobs/tasks, not teach the community how to paint because you volunteered to paint a picture.

and it might actually be too much work, if youre going to say skay does nothing, why would you remotely expect him to teach the community with what little time he has (in your eyes)?

if i am correct, if youre the head of the dev team your job is to watch over dev team and ensure jobs/tasks, not teach the community how to paint because you volunteered to paint a picture.

and it might actually be too much work, if youre going to say skay does nothing, why would you remotely expect him to teach the community with what little time he has (in your eyes)?

Actually I'm pretty sure there's no definition of what he's supposed to do. When I said he does nothing, I mean I know the dev team isn't working on anything lol, why would it be so hard to make a list of links? I spent hours making a list of links to texture packs and model while working on my own maps, editing and fixing the JB maps and helping TF2 fix their maps.

Actually I'm pretty sure there's no definition of what he's supposed to do. When I said he does nothing, I mean I know the dev team isn't working on anything lol, why would it be so hard to make a list of links? I spent hours making a list of links to texture packs and model while working on my own maps, editing and fixing the JB maps and helping TF2 fix their maps.

this is the last time ill post here because I don't really think this thread was intended to go this direction, nor is GFX really part of dev anymore but, I just think if you're going to shit on skay and question his efficiency while asking him for more work is illogical on paper.

no it wouldnt be hard for skay to make links, it wouldnt even really be /hard/ for skay to teach every single person in HG how to map, just time consuming.

I know you have done a lot of work yourself for hg so you should be able to comprehend what i'm trying to say more than others.

I maded this thread because I don't see any change in the development team (except papa john, joey7).

And tried to come with a solution/suggestion but ofc people like to start drama for no reasons..

Some examples : http://hellsgamers.c...rs-application/

This was made in september and it's still pending..

http://hellsgamers.c...-s-application/

This was made in end october and he needed to wait mid december to get a response..

http://hellsgamers.c...re/page__st__40

No changes found in the shop we have the same items for how many months ?

And btw the other mappers don't show much too except joey7 cuz he is new. (for what I've seen don't be offendedrino)

Map team is not only SKay it's a team.

The point of this thread was too give the heads of the development team a heads-up that they should more interact with the people in HG and even teach and make others interest in mapping, modeling, coding and graphics since the lack of activity.

And I didn't made this thread to be rude or anything but even others that are in the development team sees the inactivity...

HG should be going forwards.

Edited by UnPrePared_
  • Like 1

From what you see does not equal what's actually happening.

Me Joey and Komodoh are busying ourselves with working on projects and we're don't have time right now to be fiddling with other things.

I cannot speak for others.

Mapping team is mapping team. We work together and we do our job quietly. We're sorry that we don't make ourselves "out there" but working quietly is what we do.

From what you see does not equal what's actually happening.

Me Joey and Komodoh are busying ourselves with working on projects and we're don't have time right now to be fiddling with other things.

I cannot speak for others.

Mapping team is mapping team. We work together and we do our job quietly. We're sorry that we don't make ourselves "out there" but working quietly is what we do.

komodoh left hg? but if this is true why don't we have replacement for the tombstones ? I dont think it takes 2 months... Edited by UnPrePared_