Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Nvidia...

Shaman

Alright so my other half with lives states away decided to buy me a new Graphics Card for Christmas...She had me open it today and it ended up being an EVGA GeForce GTX 760 SC edition. Now I know absolutely nothing about Nvidia cards other than they exist at this point. I have ALWAYS bought AMD products since the 7600gt I had years ago gave me nothing but issues.

So my currently system setup is as follows.

CPU: AMD FX-6300

Mobo: Gigabyte Ud3 (something or another was free with processor)

RAM: 8Gb DDR3 @ 1600 (Mobo auto clocks to this)

HDD: 2TB WD

GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7770 Ghz Edition with 1Gb GDDR5

What I am wondering is how well will this card work with my system? I know obviously that it would be an improvement over the 7770 but I have never once heard good things about mixing anything AMD and Nvidia..

They are about the same but now you'll have access to things like shadowplay and physx along with better performance obviously, make sure to use this http://forums.guru3d...ad.php?t=379505 to remove all old drivers before you install the card to prevent issues.

I got everything installed and working just fine. Thing is though I was seeing the same performace (except temps lower) that I was getting on the 7770. I ran it through a few games Goat Simulater, HL2 (It did do better here at a solid 250-300 FPS... However in CS:GO and CS:S I was getting either the same FPS or much worse (CS;S was hitting as low as 40 on crackhouse and was going from 50-295 on Office). It's I know that any Source game is going to be CPU intensive but I've never had these kinda drops before. Everything was usually stable around 200 FPS with my old 7770 (there is an recent exception to this and that is the crackhouse server. It's been bringing the FPS way below what I'm used to.)

I'm running a Gigabyte GTX 760 version and I never had my FPS drop that low on CSS or CSGO. It's always around 200-300FPS, but mostly hover around 299 since I have my fps_max 300 and this is with max settings. Also, check if your Vertical Sync (V-Sync) is disabled on CSGO or else it'll cap your FPS to whatever your monitor refresh rate is (30Hz, 60Hz, 120Hz, etc.). So check your settings if you haven't.