Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Map Removals

Harle

So, there are currently many bugs and issues with certain maps on the voting list.

I've decided to make a thread about it so they can be removed or modified.

Feel free to add to the list if I missed out any =).

Blue = Shit map in general

Yellow = Problems with the map

Survival Maps:

zs_uglyfort_desert

zs_uglyfort_v6

- Giant pit of doom. No one enjoys playing both maps in general and just suicides to become zombies to end the map quicker.

zs_dryfield_v2

- There are mountains near zombie spawn which allow humans to skycade to it being in a glitched area of the map.

I've asked Skyms for a fix and this is the link for the latest version http://steamcommunit...chtext=dryfield

zs_bunker

- Unbreakable tires which allows humans to be unreachable on the ladders.

zm_mall_beta_b1

- Humans are able to reach the top of the mall with several boomstick jumps and go outside the map taking a little bit of fall damage.

zs_infirmary

- Fire extinguishers which allow human prop killing to occur.

zs_necrotic_v3

- Humans are able to get outside the map by going into the top part of the map using a few props.

zs_stadium_v7

- People often skycade on this map and when they die on the skycade, their fresh dead glitches out of the map causing them to become spawnpoints.

Tomomo has a fix for this as well.

zs_junkyard

- Many people attempt to skycade but usually ends up failing due to trolls etc.

It's a bad map in general.

zs_abandoned_mall_v6b

- Wooden chairs in Buffalo Wild Wings which allow human prop killing to occur.

zs_bungalows

- Most humans just swim around for 6 waves as fast zombies are unable to hit them under water causing boredom for the zombies making them ragequit etc.

Add trigger hurt to the water [Matt's suggestion]

Map removal requested by Knife and Fuzzy.

zs_distant

- Gonna be removed per Azona

zs_infected_square_v1

- Props such as the forklift and railings will be invisible on the second replay.

zs_closed_factory_01

- Map bugs out randomly causing humans, zombies and certain props to be invisible.

Objective maps:

zs_obj_pharmacy_v19

- Bugged redemption spots making it impossible for zombies to redeem without dying to trigger hurt.

zs_obj_827_to_phoenix_v10

- The map lags out causing tons of rubber banding to occur when there's too many players.

zs_obj_bluevelvet_v2_fix

- Map glitches out on second replay causing some humans to spawn ahead of the rest and there's a glitch whereby if you stand at a certain area the map will not teleport you. [Credits to

Hayden]

zs_obj_evac_v3

- Invisible fire resulting in many players death as they can't see it.

This is the latest version which me and Tomomo fixed :^) https://www.dropbox....vac_v5.zip?dl=0

~ Harle

http://steamcommunit...m/id/Guiterrez/

Edited by Harle
  • Like 13

The chairs in banana mall aren't glitched harle gawsh. Infact they do exactly what they are supposed to do, they are custom brush's given prop characteristics via func_physbox. Infact all "glitched" props aren't glitched they just have specific flags given to them by the mapper

Those "glitched" redeem spots arent "glitched also". I hate it when people use the word glitched outa context. Redeem places are put there via the mapper. When the humans are advancing and they didnt make it to the next redeem point yet then they will redeem in the old one. Problem is is that the triggerhurt has already taken control of that previous area to prevent people from delaying. EVERY OBJ MAP WITH TRIGGERHURT DOES THIS. The maps without triggerhurt get removed because people delay, but the maps with triggerhurt get removed because of "glitched spawns". Harle pls learn sum things about the engine you play on.

Some other obj maps that have triggerhurt include

Pharmacy phoenix evac dump lamdacore and others

Maps that dont are

Vertigo reactor and others i cant remember atm

Edited by Fuzzy Dice
  • Like 2

Stuff

This, almost everything listed is a choice of the mapper; phoenix has a trigger push at the mud which causes the "lag". Lambdacore was removed because (as far as I know) (someone) came on as the end trigger hurt activated due to humans delaying, not knowing this was intentional and good.

Also why is bungalows not listed

Edited by Matt Marche
  • Like 1

(someone) came on as the end trigger hurt activated due to humans delaying, not knowing this was intentional and good.

that special someone also does... what does he do exactly? i mean all of the uM have a purpose but ... what does he do? Is he just backup?

Edited by Fuzzy Dice

If you are going to add trigger hurt to the map Zs_Bungalows just remove it

Reasons are: Way to many noobs will die on round 1 causing a replay,

There are no good cading spots on that map,

If you are going to cade there are going to be to many trolls throwing props in the water making them unreachable.

not to mention that bungalows legit is the worst design for a map in source ever, theres legit no way to optimize it so all the brushes are being rendered at once causing terribad frames. as well as the water being expensive and not having a water_lod to turn it into cheap water further away. aswell as all the kleiners/props/complex brushes.... its like slapping Viss in the face for not being able to do anything and letting its brother Vrad do all the work on lighting alone.