Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Loot Question

PoorStar_Nutbag

• 3 weeks later...

Server restart is every 4 hours which should respawn loot but that is not what i am seeing

I was at NWAF right after a restart and there was a huge amount of stuff there. Usually that plave is looted right off. I'm thinking that you would have to pickup and move the item maybe? I mean look at the pics i threw up in the screens thread. Though of course someone could have been hoarding stuff there but the sheer amount....

Persistance has been turned off on our server until further notice because of constant loot problems. Once it is stable enough to be useful it will be reenabled.

Until then normal loot spawns should happen now.

Does this mean fresh spawn everytime or only pertaining to loot? I've never really looked into what they mean by persistence in DayZ. First thought would be that everything is reset.

NVM found this which explains it pretty well.

NOTE: This is from the DayZ forums it is not mine.

Posted 27 November 2014 - 09:21 AM

Hello, I know a lot about persistence, I'll try to enlighten you about it with my best.

At this current build persistence works fine, first of all, what is persistence?

Persistence is some (weird) and sort of magical thing which somehow doesn't let items properly respawn, atleast at this build.

Anyway, this part I'll write down is the part I am not sure about, if its completely true or not:

The main idea of a persistent enabled server is to keep dropped / spawned items on the floor even after a restart. At the current stage of the game, persistent servers mostly will not spawn loot. However, at the current build, there are some areas which persistent servers have loot spawning enabled, specific parts of the map will ALWAYS have loot. And most important after a server restart the loot will not get deleted, but rather stack up in large amounts, so you get more loot than you can ever see. This is why at some servers you can come across with a huge amount of stacked loot, these servers are also called "christmas loot" or "lootgasm servers"

I am pretty sure of this part though:

At the other hand, the real intention of the persistence enabled servers is to use them as storage servers, when loot is dropped it should stay there.

The only place tents will stay after getting pitched is on persistent servers. At other servers, after a server restart is fired, It will not stay there.

At the other hand, persistent servers these items will stay on the floor aswell:

- Tents

- Backpacks with items inside, all items inside the backpack now stays inside the backpack, even after a server restart, the backpack will still be there.

- Weapons (firearms), all firearms stay on the floor with all of their attachments.

- Mags and clips will also stay on the floor.

- Protector cases will stay on the floor with all of their items inside.

- Ammo boxes stay on the floor aswell.

These items don't stay on the floor:

- All clothing (glasses, helmets, shirts, pants, vests, balaclava, glasses, etc etc)

- Melee weapons (as far as I tested only with the firefighter axe though)

- All other items (rags, sewing kits, grenades, anything, rounds alone will not stay aswell, they must be in clips / magazines)

Note: Persistence enabled servers are getting wiped every Wednesday, causing all items on the floor to be deleted.

Edited by Alten_Geist