Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[Beta Download]Mvm_Orange_Hg

Rocket_Scientist

So the other day, I got bored, and decided to do something productive. I'm making a MvM of HG's cp_orange. I'm still figuring out the technical aspects of it, but when it's cleaned up a bit, I'll post screenshots (I know, screenshots or it didn't happen). Until then, I'm open to suggestions, such as: wave names, bot loadouts, special upgrades, map features and that sort of thing. So far, I've added a tank tunnel that was the indent at the back of BLU's defences, turning where BLU's second point was, sloping down when reaching RED's side of the tower, going around the front of it, turning at the wall towards RED's second and finally, turning towards RED's first point (the hatch). TL;DR: it snakes across the map.

Extra details: I don't want to stray to far from the original map itself; I want to target the demographic of people like me, people who overexstensively play on the HG Orange server. As well, I don't expect this map to have much of an influence, I just was surprised when it didn't already exist, and decided to do it myself. I will post status updates.

IMPORTANT:

Installing an mvm map is different from any other map. Please follow the instructions below, and create any of the listed folders if they do not already exist:

-Install "mvm_orange_hg.bsp" & "mvm_orange_hg.nav" in "tf/maps"

-Install "mvm_orange_hg.pop" in "tf/custom/mvm(any name will work)/scripts/population"

Remember, this is a beta map, so if you find any mistakes, or have any suggestions or feedback, please let me know!

post-29016-0-37795100-1422144819_thumb.jpg

post-29016-0-44503800-1422144821_thumb.jpg

post-29016-0-93763000-1422144822_thumb.jpg

post-29016-0-43695400-1422144824_thumb.jpg

post-29016-0-48767900-1422144825_thumb.jpg

MvM Orange.zip

Edited by Rocket_Scientist

Just an update, the technical aspect is done, now it's just cosmetics and whatnot. As soon as I'm satisfied, I'll release a beta download for play-testing, since I probably made it way too hard! (The best team I could get is 20 spy cpus. It sucks, but it's hilarious!)

Edited by Rocket_Scientist