Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Optimum Internet Speed Calculation For Cs

KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™

What does resolution have to do with bandwidth needed... Also playing a 128 tick server in CSGO only needs 500 Kbps down 200 up.

Short- The server tick rate is the # of times the server updates each second. In most cases your bandwidth exceeds the tick rate so you would not lose any updates. but it's also tied to screen refresh rate, so for example an LCD with no backlight is 120Hz refresh, you would practically get single update from the server, but playing on an older monitor set to 60Hz , you screen would only update with every other "tick".

Also roundtrip latency to the server is critical.

The formula above is based on Uverse video data rate. The video settings in CS (Options/Video) are made to be adjusted based on your screen, computer/video card processor ability, and internet connection. A higher resolution will increase the date rate.

Edited by KiLLeR SeNSaTioNâ„¢

well according to your thingy here. I should be playing at 640x480 instead of the 1920x1080 that I am currently doing. I've got Fairpoint Phone net and it seems to do pretty well. dedicated line (according to them) and is only 15-16Mbps max currently.