Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Build Concept

Izuku

Just wanted to show you guys the PC I'm going to build before buying it. You can post any changes I can make to it and rate it if you want. Buying the tower first before the monitor and display port cord.

Build: http://ca.pcpartpick...ku/saved/Bc3dnQ

1. Budget

$1,500 CAD (Not including monitor)

2. Brand preferences

Intel, Nvidia

3. What do you plan to do with the machine?

Games at max 1080p settings, possibly 1440p as well.

4. Is there a place where you'd like to get the parts from?

Places in Canada

5. What parts (if any) do you have already that you don't need upgraded?

Mouse, keyboard, speakers, headset, etc. (Don't need the small stuff. Just the tower, and monitor I need)

6. Do you plan to overlock?

Possibly, but not a must.

7. Do you have an OS (e.g. Windows) that you can use for this computer

No. Would like to get a cheap windows 8.1 OS and upgrade to windows 10 when it comes out.

That will definitely do what you are needing it to. Everything looks good here. You could always upgrade to the gtx 980if you are looking to spend more. I love mine but its about another 200$ more. If you ever plan to put another 970 and run SLI you might need a bigger power supply. You could also ditch the network card and buy a bigger SSD

That will definitely do what you are needing it to. Everything looks good here. You could always upgrade to the gtx 980if you are looking to spend more. I love mine but its about another 200$ more. If you ever plan to put another 970 and run SLI you might need a bigger power supply. You could also ditch the network card and buy a bigger SSD

The reason why I put a network card is because UNFORTUNATELY, I have to game on wifi. :( Though my internet is still fair fast being 35Mb down and 12Mb up. Edited by TricK

It does not look pretty but i used about a 75ft cord. Would buy a longer one if i had to

The problem I have with cords is my cat likes it. plus the doors wont close normally

I used this product. It uses the lightnet in your house.

http://www.devolo.com/nl/Producten/dLAN-650+ I heard if you life in an old house it doesn't work too well but I'm not sure

Too some people it is not worth it but when i pay good money for good internet it is my only option. My internet speeds almost triple when using a wired VS wireless.

4096525850.png

SWAG

Test done at speedtest.net

That's strange that they do that a decent router/modem setup will not show much of a difference (at least not triple the speed). I found that when I run the wireless through the comcast modem the modem seemed the throttle my wireless speeds (probably isn't a 802.11n). Fixed it when I put it to pass through mode to my router. Now I get 126 down wired and 122 wireless.

Edited by BranHorse

• 2 weeks later...