Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Clarify Rule 15( Do Not Barricade Around A Spawn Area Or Block It)

jaxjaxk

attached is an example from ancient sands. on the map you can use a teleporter that is located in the zombie spawn and another teleporter located mid map. The teleporter leads to the center of the caded up area in the photo (taken in single player). the location that you are teleported to is referred to as the "christmas area" and the only way out is through another teleporter. The only way in is to teleport into the caded area shown.

Now, I have been told that cading up the area is in violation of rule 15. I do not agree so I want people’s opinion. I do not want to get in a debate with a mod or admin over a rule that is not specific enough while playing the game so let's just get a clear idea now.

In my belief rule 15 exists because it's unfair to zombies that they have nowhere to run to avoid damage. I think in this case shown it’s the opposite, each time we play this map and the area is caded we get bum rushed by 3 nightmares and lose the cade quickly. Zombies CAN spawn next to the teleporter and go in all at once and they are right in our face. they actuly come much faster than normal. I believe that cading up this area is not against rule 15 because it is not unfair to zombies, the zombies are not restrained to an area of witch they cannot move.

The main question is how much area should the zombies need to fairly say that they are not restrained, because hallway cades restrain them a lot and that’s not against the rules.

I want specifics that are admin approved.

Some examples are

1. The zombies must have a form of cover that is not destroyable that they can use to shield them from humans. ( example would be a wall)
  2. A cade must be 3 players height away from the teleporter or spawn.
  3. The cade must be far enough away from the telporter that you cannot see zombies teleport in. ( so basically you can’t shoot them the moment they teleport in)

post-27947-0-22164800-1422668466_thumb.jpg

I think some details like in your examples are very welcome to the motd. Because you see, the problems with tele cading are that:

1. you know exactly where to shoot at to get instant headshots when the zombie appears and

2. the zombie team cannot effectively take cover, strafe hit, fall back, or stack at all and

3. there can be just a couple UNnailed props on the spawn and zombies and bosses will be stuck (absolutely illegal) and the fact that there is a cade nearby gives an excuse for the griefer to avoid punishment, it will be written off as an accident, and

4. I could think of more if you like.

The zombie cannot know what is going on before he actually teleports, so he needs a way to abort and get out of there if there's 100 boomsticks or something. So you cannot have cades there. There is absolutely no skill involved in shooting someone enclosed in ten square feet. If a boss gets wasted at advanced waves in a map like ancient sand then the gameplay breaks, basically.

Edited by fen Ra

The rule clearly says that you aren't allowed to cade around it even if they aren't getting stuck, http://hellsgamers.c...survival-rules/

i have read the rules multiple times. what i want as stated in my post is defined limmits of what is spawn cading and what is not.

if i built a sphere around an area to hold the humas and defined that as the cade and the cade is near where zombies teleport, technicaly thats not spawn cading but spawn camping. this yields the same result but clearly is not aginst the rules.

i just want this defined so i do not unintentionally break the rules like i have on this map before.

• 2 weeks later...