Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What Is (In Your Guys/girls Opinion) Is The Best Android On The Market Right Now?

Wait as stated and see what the new phones have to offer.

If you're not too hot about the new phones, the s5 is pretty nice. The price will drop a bit when the s6 comes out (if you want to wait) and you can jump in a pool with it as long as the charging cover is pressed in all the way.

I'll stay away from the iphone bandwagon. I like having the ability to customize my phone any way I want - plus they don't turn into legacy hardware as fast as the iphones do. PLUS - When you get an iphone, after one or two IOS updates in a span of a year and a half it runs like an injured dog. And Apple intends it to work like that so it forces you to upgrade to the newest devices. Plus they are typically easier to repair. And it's hard to find an iphone owner that hasn't cracked their screen yet.

OnePlus One.

Beat Samsung S5 on performace and same as HTC one m8 and Iphone 6 Plus. The only difference is that OnePlus One runs on CM mod so it's more customizable and it's almost half the price as the S5 and m8 and a 3rd of the Iphone 6 plus if you are going with the 64GB version.

If you are going on a budget or just want to get best performance/money buy a OnePlus one. Right now there is no phone with that value that is spread world wide.

I a OnePlus One Sandstone black 64GB and best phone I've ever owned or probably will for the cash I spent.

If you are afraid of durability, just get an otterbox. Best iPhone case I've even used.

its not that im afraid of the durability, ive owned an iphone and i just hate it in general because my screen became useless during the time i owned. im not one to buy a new phone every year or anytime an upgrade can come out. i keep a phone for at least 3-4 years if anything so iphones are out of the question.

OnePlus One

So Cheap, plus the version of Oxygen it uses fucking rules (choice between off-screen and on-screen capacitive buttons + more tweaks)

great for development, you can buy 2.5 OnePlus Ones for the same price of an iPhone (I fucking hate iPhones, they are the Dre Beats of the phone industry in my opinion)

The only reason I don't have a OnePlus One is because I got the Samsung Galaxy S4 before I had heard about it, I love the SGS4 as well though.

• Like 1

i looked into the 1+ one and it seems that you need an invite to purchase this phone, i understand the specs are the same to the sgs5 but im not sure its worth the wait to purchase it. has anyone actually acquired this phone yet?

Wait as stated and see what the new phones have to offer.

If you're not too hot about the new phones, the s5 is pretty nice. The price will drop a bit when the s6 comes out (if you want to wait) and you can jump in a pool with it as long as the charging cover is pressed in all the way.

i was actually planning on doing that but i wanted to see if theres any other good phones on the market right now like the 1+one as clearcut and swede are saying

i looked into the 1+ one and it seems that you need an invite to purchase this phone, i understand the specs are the same to the sgs5 but im not sure its worth the wait to purchase it. has anyone actually acquired this phone yet?

one of my friends owns the OnePlus One (she upgraded from an HTC One M7) and she said it was so worth the wait, as not only does it deliver one of the best android/Oxygen OS experiences on any phone, but the price is "so good it's almost as good as them paying you to buy it"

OnePlus One is a great phone, but the company behind it isn't so great. The break between Cyanogenmod and OnePlus wasn't the best for offical software updates, and OxygenOS is (last time I checked) still in alpha builds. Customer support is also basiclly non-exsistant, and it also only really has the LTE bands for AT&T, it would work on T-Mobile, but is missing 2/3 of the major LTE bands, leaveing you on edge or hspa+.

If you can wait, the Galaxy S6 and the new HTC One both look promiseing, but don't come out for another few weeks.

Depending on what carrier you're currently on, and if you're buying unlocked, here are some other android phones you can consider:

Edited by freshyams

one plus one is a great phone but it's harder to get and the hassle may not be worth it.

I own a GS5 and it's great. Sure, people criticize it for the "plastic cheap feel" but seriously, this thing doesn't break m8. You'll hold it and feel raw power coursing through the circuits. Holy shit taking videos in 4k my laptop can't even process that.

Even the interface has been dumbed down and less cluttered, so it's even more intuitive to use.

I am not your typical millennial (I don't have an attachment to my phone, etc) but something you might find a MAJOR plus is the new quickcharge on the GS5 and Note 4. USB 3.0, with an extra slightly larger connection end to the phone that allows you to charge the phone super quick. On multiple tests: 1 Hr charge gave me 60 - 80% back.(Yes, the port on the phone, though larger, will still allow you to use older android charge cables!)

YOU GOTTA LIKE THE GIMMICKS EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE GIMMICKS: water resistant, power saving mode and ULTRA power saving mode. Saves LIVES. (Roughly a full day on 10%? no way man too op). Fingerprint sensor although less competitive than the iOS's, still works fine and dandy!

Camera is decent; focus is meh. Not something I find super important in phones because you know, dedicated camera.

The amount of stuff you can do to this is seriously enormous.

The other large competitor is HTC's M8. I have friends who bought the phone, and despite the better build design, the software errors don't really balance it out.

Bottom line GS5 5 life!!! Or if you want a larger (and slightly more powerful phone), get the newest Note 4.

--

April 10th GS6 comes out.

Edited by TheAtrocity

1 Hr charge gave me 60 - 80% back

YES.

One thing about the samsung galaxy range (particularly from S3 upwards) is the charging speed is phenomenal.

My phone (SG4) charges from 0 to 100 percent in around 1 and a half hours, using multiple third party chargers!

This might not seem like a big deal, but once a week I send my praise to the android gods in the clouds (lol) because of this quick charge. It's awesome.

• Like 1

YES.

One thing about the samsung galaxy range (particularly from S3 upwards) is the charging speed is phenomenal.

My phone (SG4) charges from 0 to 100 percent in around 1 and a half hours, using multiple third party chargers!

This might not seem like a big deal, but once a week I send my praise to the android gods in the clouds (lol) because of this quick charge. It's awesome.

GS5 has dat new quickcharge tech so even faster than previous models!

GS6 will charge 1.5x faster than GS5. Amazing.

• Like 1