Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Galaxy Release Was A Let Down.. What To Buy Now?

It might not bother other people but after removing the SD card slot and removable battery i am no longer interested in the Galaxy S6. The specs look very nice other then that but i wont be upgrading to it. Trying to decide on HTC M9, OnePlus1, or wait for the new Asus Zenfone 2. I also looked at the S5 active and mini which are not bad options but i just wish i had not waited for the S6. Opinions? anyone here use a oneplus1?

why buy a phone that costs the same amount of a High end PC lol

$650-750 =/= high end pc

Considering most people also buy on a contract or finance the phone, it'll end up costing less up front.

Phones like the nexus 5 are great for a budget, but have huge downsides (camera and speaker).

OnePlus creates a great phone for the price, but the customer support is pretty much non-exsistent. Screen broken? Yellow tint? DOA? glhf. However, modding support is really great, lets you ignore the mess that came from CM and OnePlus.

The one M9 looks great, however there is a chance that the snapdragon 810 will end up ruining the phone. If HTC has not fixed the overheating issues that LG had, than lag and overheating will be a problem. HTC's quick android updates and free screen replacements (first 6 months, mind you) make it so if you do sign for 2 years, you won't be left behind.

Edited by freshyams

why buy a phone that costs the same amount of a High end PC lol

Using ATT most of these phones cost 200$ to upgrade to and they factor it in a 24 month contract. Meaning i have to pay nothing upfront. 200$ divided by 24 months = 8.33$ added to my bill each month for 2 years. It is not at all like buying a high end PC. It also depends on your definition of a "high end PC". I would consider 750$ to be entry level.

Short answer. I have a nice job and can afford nice things so... why not? Thank you for the input though

• Like 1

I have a oneplus one as a secondary phone that I usually use for data. I like it, its pretty snappy and the battery life is great. Its a pretty cheap price tag compared to other big name phones from last year and the specs are great. I have the 64gb black version and that's enough space for me right now as well.

I have a oneplus one as a secondary phone that I usually use for data. I like it, its pretty snappy and the battery life is great. Its a pretty cheap price tag compared to other big name phones from last year and the specs are great. I have the 64gb black version and that's enough space for me right now as well.

I want to try one out but i dont know anyone with one and it would actually be cheaper for me to sign another 2 years contract to get a phone for cheap. I like the note 4 but damn that thing is huge. S5 is still a great phone though and is only 100$ to upgrade to

In my opinion you should get the S5, because I own an S4 and I feel like it is no worse than the flagship phones on the market today(obviously not on paper, but just to use in general)

If you are set on getting a new phone, I think the One M9 looks awesome, as the One M8 was a spectacular phone however it had some pretty bad flaws. The M9 is just like the M8 except with all the flaws taken care of and the usual spec upgrades.

Went and checked out at HTC m8 but will just wait for the M9 most likely. also looked at the note 4 and i like the phone but i normally put a lifeproof case on my phones which would make that thing like carrying around a tablet. Still undecided at this point. Waiting to see the release of M9