Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Anime Reviews!

Shaman

Alright so since I figured I would start this thread for people to review anime series that they have recently watched. I say recently because that way everything is fresh in your mind and easier to remember.

I also figured that it would compliment the Favorites thread found http://hellsgamers.c...e-anime-thread/ there.

Best format for this would be the following.

title + where you watched

Synopsis (You can pull this from somewhere. keep brief)

Your thoughts

Conclusion (Worth or not)

I would ask that people try to be fair to the Anime as everyone has different taste and this is an attempt to have a good way of introducing people to new ones where they can read and decide instead of just getting alist of watcvh this or this and this one.

Alright so with all of that out of the way I'll get this thing started with the most recent Anime series I watched.

Kill la Kill (Netflix)

Honnouji Academy - where the school is ruled by students clad in special outfits called Goku Uniforms. Deriding the student body as "pigs in human clothing," Student Council President Satsuki Kiryuin, along with her loyal underlings, the Elite Four, has the academy under their absolute control. One day, a vagrant schoolgirl named Ryuko Matoi appears and tries to get Satsuki, who recognizes her Scissor Blade, to talk. Was their encounter a mere coincidence or fate? The clash between the two will soon consume the whole academy!

My Thoughts.

Kill la Kill What can be said about this anime? Surprisingly quite a bit actually. While this is definitely one of the ones that is really a Fan Service it has a rather interesting storyline that unfolds as things progress. It really kinda starts out with Ryuko arriving at the academy and starting trouble the first minute she is there. She is almost kinda a antihero at first in the sense that you don't fully yet understand why she is doing what she does. a few episodes in you find out exactly what is driving her and your viewpoint of her changes you start wanting her to actually win. The character development seems to be pretty much strictly set to the main characters and a few that are almost background characters. A fair way into the series the entire thing nearly turns of its head and becomes something different it is no longer really about avenging someone its about saving the world. What kept me interesting was the story that evolved from this. Simple put clothing is actually an alien and not just fabric. near the end you do still have the typical hero ending in the sense of the final fight.

With all this being said I actually liked this anime and I'm pretty picky especially when it comes to ones that are fan service (I actually highly dislike fan service anime series) but this one is worth a watch. The artwork is pretty well done and while toony at times isn't bad. The story line evolves from a single things into a few different things throughout the series. The characters that are the focus are pretty engaging and you'll get a surprise towards the end about a couple of them. The main Villain kinda leaves a little to be desired but isn't too terrible.

Conclusion.

Is Kill la Kill worth watching is the big question here.

I would have to say that if you can deal with the fan service and sometimes random seeming things that happen then yes. The story I found to be an interesting one and admittedly at one point made me go all giggly (something just made me really happy that happened lol). I say give this one a shot. I'm not sure if the entire series is on Netflix but what is labeled as the first season seems to be the entire thing though that as always could change.