Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Dayz Sa

Shaman

First I would like to ask what happened to the server? I had it saved as a favorite and now it is gone and cannot find it.

Second who is still playing this? I was gone for awhile from it but I'm starting to get back into and would like to maybe start getting a group of people together or something

(If more people are on the Arma 2 version I'll buy the pack and go that route to play with people.)

One other thing I would like to say here about something I found in another thread.

Someone brought up creating a NO-KOS rule for the server (The private shard thread and no I am not saying go that route). While I don't think that it should be a complete NO-KOS I do think that there really needs to be something done about those while sit in the spawn areas and just do nothing but kill off the fresh spawns. I feel that this will drive people away from the server and eventually away from the game. Maybe a rule where if a person is very obviously a fresh spawn then prohibit people from KOS so it will give the person a fair chance to actually get some gear and out of the spawn areas before dying. This would encourage the people to try again if they get killed shortly after finding something. They would start thinking OK so I went here last time and this happened how can I avoid it happening again while getting the gear I need? I can safely say this would happen because it is how I felt after I stopped getting insta death upon spawn. I was able to learn each time I died and then started being able to avoid people all together in nearly full servers or sniping people who were getting too close. IDK just my .02 on something I think would actually help the server.

Now that's been said who is still playing the SA or are more still on the Arma 2 version or Overpoch on Arma 3?

Our server is still currently up on the same ip it was before.

With the NO KOS for new spawn rule,

We cannot do this. Simply for the fact that that is not in the survival way. This and not having any way to properly police it seeing as how there is nothing to show who killed you at all to report. Plain and simple.

EDIT: After viewing my server info, we are down for scheduled maintenance. it should be up by the end of the night.

Our server is still currently up on the same ip it was before.

With the NO KOS for new spawn rule,

We cannot do this. Simply for the fact that that is not in the survival way. This and not having any way to properly police it seeing as how there is nothing to show who killed you at all to report. Plain and simple.

EDIT: After viewing my server info, we are down for scheduled maintenance. it should be up by the end of the night.

The not being able to see who has been doing it and no real way to police it is understandable.

I will say I disagree with the it being part of survival to sit in a spawn area and do nothing but snipe fresh meats.

Regardless of this I plan on staying on the server and will probably end up in Overpoch as well on Arma3.

• 2 months later...

So the servers gone for good now?

I too thought the server was down because the link to the gametracker info that is listed in the Standalone description on teamspeak is wrong. http://www.gametrack...62.83.170:2402/ that is the info for the old server.

If you want to find the server just filter "hells" when at the list of servers. I still play on the server but i rarely see anyone on.

Edited by PooStar_Nutbag

• 2 months later...