Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What Are Yall's Favorite Animes?

.:XHX-LVL-XHX:.

In no particular order and liked for various reasons that may have no relation to plot but soundtrack and art:

Code Geass (all of 'em)

Aldnoah.Zero

Akatsuki no Yona

SAO (only season 1)

Log Horizon

Fullmetal Alchemist

Psycho-Pass

Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu

Kuroko no Basket

Shingeki no Kyojin

Fate/Zero /Stay Night

Bakuman

Nisekoi

No Game No Life

Shout out to all the other ones I liked but not enough; refer to blankerino's listerino! ;D

Inb4 favorite manga

No none of the big mangas heralded by SJ made it close to the list.

Edited by TheAtrocity
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

I haven't seen much, but am getting into it now.

- Shinegeki No Kyojin / Attack on Titan (just started but I LOVE it)

- Kuroshitsuji / The Black Butler

- Death Note

- Hellsing

- Probably some more

Next on the list is going to be Tokyo Ghoul.

I have no idea why I never got into anime much, but I'm in love. Just go ahead and put me into the anime trash bin.

Edited by skylark

I seen a lot of anime, if i was to post a list it would be long as fuck and then some; since i used to watch it when i was younger and when anime was mainly underground at the time. But my favorite of all time would have to be "Paranoia Agent". Once you watch it you will never be the same i promise you//

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I do nothing besides watch anime, play video games and go to college. Prior to that I was just at home watching anime and playing video games. My list would probably hit the post character limit. I will post my top recommendations.

-ACTION-

Elfen Lied - If you haven't seen this, even if you don't like anime, it is worth watching. (Blood gore nudity)

FLCL - Classic laid back fun to watch. Available on youtube. (Action)

GATE - New favorite. Answers your question about what happens when Mid-evil knights go up against current military. (Manga has blood, gore, nudity, and more adult themed stuff, anime is pretty suggestive so far.) Avail on crunchyroll.

Chiyaharafuru - Not your typical run of the mill anime. It is about a card game, an actual card game. Despite it being about an actual card game, it is very interesting and a good watch. Avail on crunchyroll.

Time of Eve - A awesome short anime about humanoids living with humans and realistic issues that arise with it.

Another- Very interesting anime about a cursed high school class.

Vampire Knight - Good watch, ending kinda sucked.

Fruit of Grisasia series - Awesome show, very deep, everyone has a pretty sick and twisted background.

Sword Art Online Series- Overhyped imo, it is good, well the first season.

Attack on Titan- Pretty awesome action show.

Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon? - Similar to Sword Art Online, Main character can be OP.

-ROMANCE-

Clannad & Clannad: After Story - Amazing love story mixed with slice of life. MUST WATCH. Avail on Hulu

Plastic Memories- Another amazing show that will hit you in the feels on the first episode!

My Love Story- Very cute couple going through basic things together. Very happy and awesome anime.

Love, Chunibuyo, and other delusions- Cute little Harem

Ano Natsu de Matteru- Biggest love triangle I have ever seen in an anime, not overplayed pretty good watch.

Kimi no Todoke (From me to you)- Cute love story. Girl looks like the chick from "The Ring" horror show.

Blue Spring Ride - Two HS students falling in love.

Say "I love you" - Two HS students falling in love... Very similar to Blue Spring Ride.

Angel Beats- Somewhat interesting love story.

Toradora!- Another HS love story, pretty decent and awesome first kiss.

Nagiza Haruka- Interesting show about a girl who accidentally exposes her love for anime/manga ect. Love story.

-SLICE OF LIFE-

White Album- This anime pissed me off, well mostly the main character. About a man and his girlfriend who is an idol going through different things.

White Album 2- Similar to one but 100% better. (I don't really recommend WA1, but I do #2) Based 10 years later from WA1, totally diff characters.

Ef - A tale of melodies - Good show follows multiple stories with deep backgrounds. Somewhat of a love story behind it as well.

Ef- A tale of memories - Second season of the prior mentioned. Both are pretty good.

This is a "small" list for me. I will now go reassure myself that I am a man, and that the internet is a figment of my imagination.

My list of anime watched is VERY extensive, if you have questions about an anime, or want recommendations, OR want to know if a show is appropriate for your child, feel free to ask me. I typically like love stories or action.

Edited by nizate

• 3 weeks later...

I do nothing besides watch anime, play video games and go to college. Prior to that I was just at home watching anime and playing video games. My list would probably hit the post character limit. I will post my top recommendations.

-ACTION-

Elfen Lied - If you haven't seen this, even if you don't like anime, it is worth watching. (Blood gore nudity)

FLCL - Classic laid back fun to watch. Available on youtube. (Action)

GATE - New favorite. Answers your question about what happens when Mid-evil knights go up against current military. (Manga has blood, gore, nudity, and more adult themed stuff, anime is pretty suggestive so far.) Avail on crunchyroll.

Chiyaharafuru - Not your typical run of the mill anime. It is about a card game, an actual card game. Despite it being about an actual card game, it is very interesting and a good watch. Avail on crunchyroll.

Time of Eve - A awesome short anime about humanoids living with humans and realistic issues that arise with it.

Another- Very interesting anime about a cursed high school class.

Vampire Knight - Good watch, ending kinda sucked.

Fruit of Grisasia series - Awesome show, very deep, everyone has a pretty sick and twisted background.

Sword Art Online Series- Overhyped imo, it is good, well the first season.

Attack on Titan- Pretty awesome action show.

Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon? - Similar to Sword Art Online, Main character can be OP.

-ROMANCE-

Clannad & Clannad: After Story - Amazing love story mixed with slice of life. MUST WATCH. Avail on Hulu

Plastic Memories- Another amazing show that will hit you in the feels on the first episode!

My Love Story- Very cute couple going through basic things together. Very happy and awesome anime.

Love, Chunibuyo, and other delusions- Cute little Harem

Ano Natsu de Matteru- Biggest love triangle I have ever seen in an anime, not overplayed pretty good watch.

Kimi no Todoke (From me to you)- Cute love story. Girl looks like the chick from "The Ring" horror show.

Blue Spring Ride - Two HS students falling in love.

Say "I love you" - Two HS students falling in love... Very similar to Blue Spring Ride.

Angel Beats- Somewhat interesting love story.

Toradora!- Another HS love story, pretty decent and awesome first kiss.

Nagiza Haruka- Interesting show about a girl who accidentally exposes her love for anime/manga ect. Love story.

-SLICE OF LIFE-

White Album- This anime pissed me off, well mostly the main character. About a man and his girlfriend who is an idol going through different things.

White Album 2- Similar to one but 100% better. (I don't really recommend WA1, but I do #2) Based 10 years later from WA1, totally diff characters.

Ef - A tale of melodies - Good show follows multiple stories with deep backgrounds. Somewhat of a love story behind it as well.

Ef- A tale of memories - Second season of the prior mentioned. Both are pretty good.

This is a "small" list for me. I will now go reassure myself that I am a man, and that the internet is a figment of my imagination.

My list of anime watched is VERY extensive, if you have questions about an anime, or want recommendations, OR want to know if a show is appropriate for your child, feel free to ask me. I typically like love stories or action.

lol this sounds like me after someone asking me to write down a list for them of good ones to watch. This also reminds me that I need to put a list up on here.

• 2 weeks later...