Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Flawless Lee Mi-Rim Grabs Lpga Kia Classic Lead

Champ Kind

413a179f2fa8b46ed6ff6a724fa907de24fa2c91.jpgSouth Korea's Lee Mi-Rim had seven birdies without a bogey in a seven-under par 65 to take a one-shot lead in the LPGA Kia Classic. Lee, who missed the course record at Aviara Golf Club by one stroke, on Thursday birdied all four of the par-five holes, taking the lead with an eight-foot birdie putt at her 14th hole of the day -- the par-five fifth and adding one more birdie at the eighth. "My long game didn't feel good, my swing didn't feel good, but I made a lot of putts," said Lee, winner of two LPGA titles last year who had a one-stroke lead over former world number one Tseng Ya-ni of Taiwan. Tseng, chasing her first LPGA victory since a 2012 win in nearby La Costa, capped her 66 with a four-foot birdie at 18.

View the full article