Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Ssd Installing

XxwonderbredxX

Alright I got my Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB.

I'll be using it as my main drive (duh) and my HDD will be for storage and shit.

I bought Windows 8.1 x64 and I wanna install it on the SSD, I don't wanna clone shit. I bought it since I have a unlicensed copy of Windows 7.

So, I just install the windows on the SSD like you normally do? And set the SSD as the boot drive?

And having Windows 7 on the HDD won't affect anything right?

Sorry i did not see this before today. Did you get everything working? I would make sure windows 7 is deleted off the old hard drive if you have not already done so.

It works fine! I can get into the HDD and access shit on it. I even installed a steam game on that drive (one that I won't play often) and it works just fine. Umm, I didn't uninstall windows 7 tho. But it seems to run and work fine on the Windows 8.1 I got on the SSD.

I TAKE THAT BACK ABOUT EVERYTHING WORKING! okay, i tried to install my drivers for my GPU and it said it couldn't find my GPU... And I just tried to install Java and it installed, but a website I used that needed java said I needed it. So... Should I uninstall the shit off the HDD and the SSD, then reinstall them on the SSD?

Edited by XxwonderbredxX

Download a program called CPU Z. Its a program that shows your all your working hardware and information about said hardware.(GPU/CPU). Use it to make sure that your motherboard is still picking up your graphics card. As far as the hard drive goes i think your fine with 8.1 on the SSD but i would completely wipe everything old off the HDD and start from fresh. Some of those applications of programs wont be compatible with 8.1 and you might want to just delete them all. It can be more confusing and problamtic later and is best just to re download anything. any thing important on the drive like music and pictures i would back up to a external drive but those are the only things i would try to save

• Like 1

Download a program called CPU Z. Its a program that shows your all your working hardware and information about said hardware.(GPU/CPU). Use it to make sure that your motherboard is still picking up your graphics card. As far as the hard drive goes i think your fine with 8.1 on the SSD but i would completely wipe everything old off the HDD and start from fresh. Some of those applications of programs wont be compatible with 8.1 and you might want to just delete them all. It can be more confusing and problamtic later and is best just to re download anything. any thing important on the drive like music and pictures i would back up to a external drive but those are the only things i would try to save

I'm transferring all the shit i wanna backup now. I used CPU Z before, I forgot about that, thanks!

How do I wipe my HDD again? Just delete Windows32 right? LMFAO, jk, but really.. When I wipe it I won't have windows on it, so would I be able to store shit on it? Or do you have to have a OS for you to access the HDD?

I'm transferring all the shit i wanna backup now. I used CPU Z before, I forgot about that, thanks!

How do I wipe my HDD again? Just delete Windows32 right? LMFAO, jk, but really.. When I wipe it I won't have windows on it, so would I be able to store shit on it? Or do you have to have a OS for you to access the HDD?

Just right click the drive you want to wipe in explorer and select format, default settings should be fine and check quick format.

Just right click the drive you want to wipe in explorer and select format, default settings should be fine and check quick format.

Like short said just reformat the drive. It will pop up some warning asking you if you are sure you want to delete everything.

thanks.

Here's my validation of my PC from CPU Z

http://valid.x86.fr/t1c19c

It looks like its only reading my onboard graphics card :(

thanks.

Here's my validation of my PC from CPU Z

http://valid.x86.fr/t1c19c

It looks like its only reading my onboard graphics card :(

Like only picking up the integrated graphics?Is there a drop down menu where you see that? mines shows both my GPU and onboard graphics but i have to click the drop down menu to see my GPU.

Like only picking up the integrated graphics?Is there a drop down menu where you see that? mines shows both my GPU and onboard graphics but i have to click the drop down menu to see my GPU.

Yeah, I can't click the drop down box arrow. And even in my Device manager for my PC doesn't read the GPU. Only the integrated on board card.

I'll update my board drivers. That's what the guy at Microcenter told me to do, and he said if that doesn't work download the EVGA drivers... Even tho I told him I have the ASUS GPU.... Like, that doesn't make any sense.

Yeah, I can't click the drop down box arrow. And even in my Device manager for my PC doesn't read the GPU. Only the integrated on board card.

I'll update my board drivers. That's what the guy at Microcenter told me to do, and he said if that doesn't work download the EVGA drivers... Even tho I told him I have the ASUS GPU.... Like, that doesn't make any sense.

Make sure the hardware is connected.

and if you are able to get an other videocard from your relatives or friends try to use that to test if the videocard that you have isn't broken

But I assume the problem with the SSD is now fixed?

What motherboard are you using and also what graphics card? This is most likely being caused by your new SSD not having drivers for everything. Download motherboard drives from the site or from a disc that came with your motherboard. The best way to keep your GPU drivers updated is the GE Force experience. Go to nvidias website and download that.

Make sure the hardware is connected.

and if you are able to get an other videocard from your relatives or friends try to use that to test if the videocard that you have isn't broken

But I assume the problem with the SSD is now fixed?

Can I use my friends Radon 260? Even tho I have Intel/nvida setup?

And yeah, that's fixed.

What motherboard are you using and also what graphics card? This is most likely being caused by your new SSD not having drivers for everything. Download motherboard drives from the site or from a disc that came with your motherboard. The best way to keep your GPU drivers updated is the GE Force experience. Go to nvidias website and download that.

Asus extreme4 z77 mobo.

And that's what I been trying to do, I downloaded the Geforce experience and it always checks for supported hardware, and says there isn't any supported hardware. That's the drivers I need to be able to use the card.

Can I use my friends Radon 260? Even tho I have Intel/nvida setup?

And yeah, that's fixed.

Asus extreme4 z77 mobo.

And that's what I been trying to do, I downloaded the Geforce experience and it always checks for supported hardware, and says there isn't any supported hardware. That's the drivers I need to be able to use the card.

yeah

Have you tried updating the Bios?

This might work. Also resetting the CMOS might work.

Switch the card to another slot first though. If neither of these work I'd call the manufacturer.

What PSU are you using?

Where can I update my Bios from?

I never seen a CMOS on my Board, CMOS meaning the battery right?

PSU- Seasonic X-SERIES 650W GOLD

The thing is, EVERYTHING worked fine before I installed the SSD. So, I really don't know why my GPU wont work now.. :/

How would the SSD be causing the problem?

I was thinking the same lol

Think about it, why is it fucking up ever since I put the SSD in? Didn't do it before. Ether way I tried everything so far. So, I'll return it and we'll see, it's least a shot.

"The littlest things can cause the stupidest problems"

Edited by XxwonderbredxX

Think about it, why is it fucking up ever since I put the SSD in? Didn't do it before. Ether way I tried everything so far. So, I'll return it and we'll see, it's least a shot.

"The littlest things can cause the stupidest problems"

Well I have a similiar problem.

After I reinstalled Windows 7 on a laptop with an AMD GPU the system doesn't regonize the GPU.

Just like you installed windows on the SSD.

I still haven't found a fix for this and will look it up on monday.

You have the same problem as me. It's not the SSD fault.