Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Build Me A Computer

Nite

Now that I'm settled in my new place. I want someone to build me a computer. Whosever design I pick will get 150 dollars. No price point in mind. I don't care.

For the HG members only.

Also the 2 runner up will get a copy of GTA V. If you already have that then oh well. Choose a game for up to 50 bucks.

I'll be purchasing after I buy my new house and new motorcycle next month. You have until end of May.

I had a ASUS G751 laptop that I traded in for a MacBook prior to my move out to Boston and now looking for a desktop build. Don't make it suck.

Please note that the build is for just the tower. Please include the OS.

Edited by Nite

Damn I'll do this shit bae, need dat vacation money

Gimme your budget and i gotchu

plus personal prefences (in anything really, gpu, cpu, amd, nvidia)

edit: oh i just reread the OP, you said no budget but I'm sure you dont wanna spend 10 grand on a new PC so atleast gimme a cap

Edited by Suicide

Damn I'll do this shit bae, need dat vacation money

Gimme your budget and i gotchu

plus personal prefences (in anything really, gpu, cpu, amd, nvidia)

edit: oh i just reread the OP, you said no budget but I'm sure you dont wanna spend 10 grand on a new PC so atleast gimme a cap

Cap: 2500 can be more can be less. Use your judgement.

Personal Preferences: Don't have any.

Edited by Nite

I can't like shit but damnnnn. Nice!

I just saw your cap, you could change it for a different case. A CM Storm Styker is a real solid case that I recommend. You could also take out on the the ssds and one of the gpus. Or drop to an i5 if you don't need the extra i7's power.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/y93xQ7

Its still a bit much but with a little work it can be brought down easily.

I just saw your cap, you could change it for a different case. A CM Storm Styker is a real solid case that I recommend. You could also take out on the the ssds and one of the gpus. Or drop to an i5 if you don't need the extra i7's power.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/y93xQ7

Its still a bit much but with a little work it can be brought down easily.

I don't really have a cap but just giving people a cap to work with if they want.

I don't really have a cap but just giving people a cap to work with if they want.

Oh, then I'd go with SpawnMatrix build personally. The custom part works wonders, a little pricy though.

And you could always add more to the original build (the one i made not the perfect one by spawn). Like more ssd storage.

Edited by Kas

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tHkNFT

2500$ gaming PC the way i would build it. Reasons why...

The i7 4790k is unlocked meaning you can overclock it. You dont have to but when your spending 2500 there is no reason to leave that option out.

The mobo is also set up to overclock is you choose to do so. That specific motherboard has an ideal an onboard sound chip in it as well so you wont ever need to put a sound card in it.

You will not even need 16gb of ram for gaming but hell why not since we are building an overkill system

The SSD i listed is a new type of SSD that does not use your typical Sata cable (6gb/s speed) it instead plugs in to a PCI-E slot which supports speeds up to 32gb theoretically although it probably wont reach speeds any higher then (12-16gb/s) Long story short this is the future of SSD's Intel also comes with a bitching warranty of 5 years.

The graphics cards speak for themselves. 980's are swag as fuck. Run two of them in SLI and now you are talking 100fps while running games in 4k Ultra HD.

The case you can change to whatever fits you. I personally like this case because it has a huge window on the side to show off your swag ass computer.

CPU liquid cooler is the best option for the $$ . 90$ is all it will set you back and will add years possibly to the life of your CPU. If you ever want to overclock do not go cheap on a CPU cooler.

Included is also a copy of windows 8.1 which will get you a free upgrade to windows 10 when released.

Add more storage later when you want to.

If you have any questions let me know.

Glad to see so many serious responses ;)

• Like 1

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tHkNFT

2500$ gaming PC the way i would build it. Reasons why...

The i7 4790k is unlocked meaning you can overclock it. You dont have to but when your spending 2500 there is no reason to leave that option out.

The mobo is also set up to overclock is you choose to do so. That specific motherboard has an ideal an onboard sound chip in it as well so you wont ever need to put a sound card in it.

You will not even need 16gb of ram for gaming but hell why not since we are building an overkill system

The SSD i listed is a new type of SSD that does not use your typical Sata cable (6gb/s speed) it instead plugs in to a PCI-E slot which supports speeds up to 32gb theoretically although it probably wont reach speeds any higher then (12-16gb/s) Long story short this is the future of SSD's Intel also comes with a bitching warranty of 5 years.

The graphics cards speak for themselves. 980's are swag as fuck. Run two of them in SLI and now you are talking 100fps while running games in 4k Ultra HD.

The case you can change to whatever fits you. I personally like this case because it has a huge window on the side to show off your swag ass computer.

CPU liquid cooler is the best option for the $$ . 90$ is all it will set you back and will add years possibly to the life of your CPU. If you ever want to overclock do not go cheap on a CPU cooler.

Included is also a copy of windows 8.1 which will get you a free upgrade to windows 10 when released.

Add more storage later when you want to.

If you have any questions let me know.

Glad to see so many serious responses ;)

Thanks!