Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[Wip] Zs_Der_Verrükt

->SK<-

Whats dis? SKAY GO MAP TF2

Thats in the works, so calm yourselves

:P

Hi all,

After an idea hit me in the face the other day, I've decided to give ZS some tender love and to have some fun while I'm at it.

This map for me fills two roles;

1. To demonstrate the power of a map and the flexibility that can be achieved from the map alone.

2. Act as some sort of tutorial for potential mappers and help them along their way.

No pictures as of yet, but just like zs_underthebunker, it'll be a WW II styled map.

Some lore (I like lore)

Wittenberg, Deushland, January 1945

The Whermacht have been holding onto a mental institution for several weeks despite Allied bomber attacks. On the 16th January, the bombing stops and the troops advance into what can only be described as a horror scene straight out of Hollywood. Bodies like in bits and pieces due to the bombing, wounded soldiers crying out for help from the now victorious troops.

However, as the Allied troops soon found out, those poor dead soldiers were the lucky ones and soon find themselves in a sick trap dreamt up by Himmler. Code named Operation Unheilige Vergeltung (Operation Unholy Retribution) the top secret projects are unleashed against the Allied troops. Soon, an undead horde is stumbling, sprinting and hurtling toward you and you must fight to survive in a place where pure terror was bred.

This map will be a test for me personally as well; how good gameplay wise and aesthetic wise can I get it.

Pictures will come soonâ„¢

Until next update;

- SKay

• Like 4

Some gameplay teasers;

The survivors will be split into two seperate and distinctive sections on spawning; not because I'm evil (okay maybe thats why) but I always liked the "Together we stand, divided we fall" approach. Doors will incrementally open round after round towards a generator that will kick shit into life (this is not just a cosmetic gameplay objective; it'll actually allow you to see shit in areas you couldn't previously amongst other bits and bobs) as well as open the doors seperating the two sides. At this stage to compensate for eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeveryone being able to kiss each other in the face, zombies get a sneaky little buff to their spawns.

Zombies and entrance points;

Zombies will have to bust their way through various window barricades and walls to get at the survivors. Headcrabs will have a few vents to sneak at the survivors so it won't be a continuous sausage fest (unless you're into that sort of thing, to which I say a titty fest. I dunno fuku.)

Most sections will have at least 4-5 main entrances with an entrance to each room for zombies to enter in. Each section will also have one vent for headcrabs. Sections in this case are considered a main room/corridor with any number of sub-rooms/sub-corridors (usually 2-4).

That's all I'm giving away for now shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

skay you need to teach me your ways on ZS mapping.

In time my child.

Some more teasers I suppose ;)

Starting Area (Allied Side)

qxMGpQs.jpg

Starting Area (Axis Side) continued

iIWM5mI.jpg

FHgnRgf.jpg

h7Y7SsL.jpg

The Corridors

NeIggeo.jpg

sBNz2dc.jpg

Oh and by the way; remember this, this WILL be important.

cVOq5Ic.jpg

More to come....

- SKay

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...