Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Zs_Buried_Society

frosty shank

Ok, this was a big project and took me over 30 hours in about a couple weeks to finish... This is a big map with A lot of features which include:

- Underground/cave theme with outdoor portions

- Main building with 3 floors, 1 vent, 1 breakable window, and 2 balconies (useful for humans and zombies)

- 4 smaller buildings made for smaller cades

- Zombie spawn with Vent system and sewers to reach humans from different angles

- 5 free secret guns (none worth more than 80 pts)

- Almost all crafting ingredients

- Very fair map in general.

- Swimming pool with a small cading spot (has an air pocket)

- Major billboard with skycade position on top

NEW IN V3:

- COMPLETELY revamped attic with vent for fast zombies or escape by humans.

- Nerf on the neighborhood-look-alike house.

- Lag fixes.

- Human spawn has new skybox and lighting system.

STEAM WORKSHOP LINK: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=443834201

I would really like to see this map added to our zombie survival server!! Thank you to everyone who supported me in the process of making this!

Edited by Oscar
  • Like 1

I looked at this map and its exactly what i expected.

The displacements are just terrible. They're jagged and have very clear texture stretches. Its also apparent you displaced the whole brush and not just one side of it. I can tell because when i no clipped out of the map there was visible nodraw textures. Which brings me to my next point, every side of your brushes are textured. This is bad for optimization and only the faces you see in game should be textured so it doesn't draw more than it needs to.

The optimization in general isn't great. I can tell you didnt use func_detail or func_areaportals in this map.

As from a gameplay perspective, i can tell this map will be more human sided than zs_ancient_sands. Almost every building has a one door entrance along with long doorways and large props everywhere. There are very few small props on this map which is also needed for a respectable cade. But seeing how you play the game, i'm not surprised how human sided it is.

The lighting is whatever. Theres just light entities placed through out with no real source for the lights. I'm not a fan of the color scheme but if its a stylist choice, more power to you.

The map has potential though. The idea and theme of the map, not the map itself. It needs a lot of work in optimization and gameplay. and with the un-optimized code that ZS uses, optimization is a requirement.

Edited by Komodoh
  • Like 1

I looked at this map and its exactly what i expected.

The displacements are just terrible. They're jagged and have very clear texture stretches. Its also apparent you displaced the whole brush and not just one side of it. I can tell because when i no clipped out of the map there was visible nodraw textures. Which brings me to my next point, every side of your brushes are textured. This is bad for optimization and only the faces you see in game should be textured so it doesn't draw more than it needs to.

The optimization in general isn't great. I can tell you didnt use func_detail or func_areaportals in this map.

As from a gameplay perspective, i can tell this map will be more human sided than zs_ancient_sands. Almost every building has a one door entrance along with long doorways and large props everywhere. There are very few small props on this map which is also needed for a respectable cade. But seeing how you play the game, i'm not surprised how human sided it is.

The lighting is whatever. Theres just light entities placed through out with no real source for the lights. I'm not a fan of the color scheme but if its a stylist choice, more power to you.

The map has potential though. The idea and theme of the map, not the map itself. It needs a lot of work in optimization and gameplay. and with the un-optimized code that ZS uses, optimization is a requirement.

Ok, thanks for the suggestions, and yes this is my first time using displacements so of course I wasn't too familiar with the face editing tool. I tried to optimize my best by adding nodraw to almost all textures that aren't seen by the players.

Edited by Oscar

Ok, V3 is out, and I added a some balance and some lag fixes. I completely revamped the attic and I added a vent that fast zombies can come through, I removed the displacements outside the map and nodraw to all textures not seen by the player. I really hope people check it out and it is added to the vote menu!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...