Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Rule Suggestions

DigitalPrintz

I've been seeing a lot more players with singular or multiple latin, arabic, or unreadable characters attempting to bypass being punished when they start causing trouble. Some of them don't, but many of them are that way to cause trouble. Is there any way a rule can be implemented to where we can kick them as they join with the reason of "Change your name". I feel that I may eventually get into a situation where there are multiple people with unreadable names, and then have one of them break the rules on the server, and not knowing who to punish, due to the names.

Thanks, ~Digi

Edited by DigitalPrintz

No need for this sir.

I assume you have read our admin guide and have read that you can actually typ status in the developer console.

You will see a whole list of the players with their current status number it looks like this #12 (can be any number)

You type !kick #12 and the person with strange letter will be kicked.

Or you open up the !admin menu.

• Like 1

Thats not exactly the problem I was specifying. I know of the ulx who menu, but if there are people with unreadable characters in their name, voice chat does not show anything at all, it shows as blank, which is the root of the problem if there are multiple people with awkward or unreadable characters, even that menu will not help identify them.

Thats not exactly the problem I was specifying. I know of the ulx who menu, but if there are people with unreadable characters in their name, voice chat does not show anything at all, it shows as blank, which is the root of the problem if there are multiple people with awkward or unreadable characters, even that menu will not help identify them.

oh uhm then idk

If you open up console and do an admin action requiring a name input, names will automatically pop up. Simply scroll down the list it gives until the desired name is in the command line. Usually, unreadable or non english characters show up first. Another way is to again open up console, type status, copy the name, and paste.

I have installed an addon for ulx which translates most player names ( internally for ulx ) to what the Arabic characters look like in english. So for example if someone's name was ṧẘaâ¡, you could just type swag and it would match their name.

• Like 3

I found the guys name from yesterday from the chat logs. Heres a SS of it. I can't seem to get the exact characters by copying it, nor will I probably get a voicechat showing it as blank, but i've got the name. Same case with unprepared as with you papa, its not exactly the problem. I can find those names and see whose they are when they are talking in voice chat, with these they show up as blank, so its much harder to find out who, in this case, was micspamming when multiple people have names like that. They work fine in text and other things as you can see in the SS. When copied, the name shows as á…šá…šá…šá…šá…šá…šá…šá…

LbP1Uge.jpg

Have you tried opening console and doing it from there?

For example, type:

ulx kick ( )

where in such case, a name list should pop up where ( ) is. You can navigate using the up/down arrow keys to find the name, although usually the non-english characters should pop up first.