Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Server Page

blue :D

Hi, I'm doing a project where I'm just monitoring a bunch of services (HTTP, FTP, SSH) and I was wondering how it is done? My frontend is html/js/css and my backend is mostly in java if that helps.

https://hellsgamers.com/servers.html is also something that would seem useful for me to know, if anyone knows how that was done.

In addition, does anyone know who made that domain page? Or who was in charge of it?

Thanks

• Like 2

This is one of those situations where you don't have to reinvent the wheel, you can just use a service like Uptime Robot. It will automatically allow you to monitor webpages (HTTP) and ports (SSH/FTP) then notify you when they go down. It also has an API so you can create your own custom status page off of their information.

If you want to make your own, you pretty much have to create a database that stores ping information each time you query a service. So something like a timestamp, the time it took for the service to respond, if it was online or not, and if it gave you any error. You then will need a backend service (such as a CRON job) to constantly check to see if the service is up (around every minute or so) and update the database with the information.