Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Zs_Obj_The_Bridge [Wip]

Trazix

670002thebridge.png

Come try The Bridge for an unique experience ! Fight a growing horde of zombies and do not underestimate their hunger for human flesh.

Only the strongest players will beat this 50 min map ! Welcome to The Bridge

How Super Terrible and me I decided to make a new OBJ map because it's been more than 2 years since the last release. Almost all the obj mappers are gone. I took this situation as a challenge and proposed Terrible to join me for this project. This is still a work in progress. Terrible is in charge of the coding part while I'm mapping. We didnt count our hours for this map, already 100 for me ! Why 50 min long ? I would say that I've played this game enough to catch its mechanisms, and that I love challenges.

Description

Author: Trazix and How Super Terrible

Place: in the city

Temps running: 50/55min

Free weapons: 17

Size the map: 10350x10140 (very big)

Weight 80Mo (final version i think)

Delay Protection Yes

Colors Correction Yes

HDR No

Work in progress: 70%

Video trailer soon

Edited by Trazix
  • Like 11

• 1 month later...

Work in progress: 85%

Many things are changing

- Map name

- obj only inside i remove all the building

The map is so big he had a bad FPS, I'll release a version later with the building when it will be fixed.

Edited by Trazix

Now that I looked closer at the pics it seems you need to enter most of those buildings so idk if it will help. Have you used areaportals, hints, func_detail, prop fadeouts etc.?

yes the whole map has func_detail and black box (black box replaces hint and skip) that it is only outside to bad FPS (max 30 fps, inside = 150, 300fps) i add fog but its work not much, I think there is a too large field of view. We tried everything to nothing work

the picture we see no hint texture and skip because I have deactivated right into visgroups. It doesn't matter anyway the version with no building and very well you will see

Edited by Trazix

I'm going to agree with Fancy. It might help to project those buildings with a skycamera/3dskybox. Are you creating/adding your own visleafs for the map? Also, its not clear in the pictures you provided but is your skybox simply a square around the map?

yes the skybox and a simple square, I would have to try to do many skybox wall to avoid empty place

I can not use skycamera for building because I need this building that's on the road, so I do not how to explain it ^^

I tried adding env_tonemap for to have black around the map, I'm sure this would correct the problem but never work in this map

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...