Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Putting Touch Has Deserted Me, Says Poulter

Champ Kind

2015-07-28T093428Z_1006980001_LYNXNPEB6R0DB_RTROPTP_2_CSPORTS-US-GOLF-EUROPEAN-POULTER.JPGBy Tony Jimenez WOBURN, England (Reuters) - Less than three years after his magical putter inspired a 'miracle' Ryder Cup victory for Europe, Ian Poulter says his touch on the greens has temporarily deserted him. "I'm not disappointed how I played because I thought I played good but I'm disappointed I didn't hole my fair share of putts," Poulter told Reuters in an interview. "Some weeks you just can't see the right lines, you can't visualize the ball going in the hole, and that puts the rest of your game under pressure to hit it close." Poulter showed nerves of steel when he sank five birdie putts in as many holes on the penultimate day to haul Europe out of trouble before the team went on to secure their 'Miracle of Medinah' triumph over the United States in 2012.

View the full article