Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Windows 10?

xGlitchedGamer

After a little bit of research and a friend's advice here's what I've gathered:

Windows 10 is free to install. For a year. (then you will need to pay) You will join a "update train" that never stops. You wont have a choice for when to update, and some updates will cost money. It will also, if you like it or not, update it. So if the update breaks something, that's it until the next update. (Now, I assume this means if it breaks something big and the community complains, they will fix it immediately.)

Now while all that ^ is SUPPOSEDLY true, here's some other info contradicting all that:

The subscription for Windows 10 is a myth, apparently, according to one blog (don't ask me to link it, I just went from one site to another I never actually saved the links). It says there will be payable FEATURES, but they wont force you to buy it. Also, apparently Windows 10 is FUCKING AMAZING, in terms of the update itself, so is it worth the paying If it's all true?

I want responses to this thread. A lot of them. But EDUCATED RESPONSES ONLY. I want to update to Windows 10, but not if it forces me to pay.

If you have Windows 10, PLEASE tell me what you think. That is all, thank you.

Upgrading from a valid Windows 7/8/8.1 copy will give you Windows 10 for free. You don't need to pay anything.

There are no paid features, no paid updates, nothing.

Upgraded to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7 Home Premium, no issue, my copy is fully activated.

Microsoft has recently released a tool that lets you stop or delay updates. Source: http://www.neowin.ne...dows-10-updates

You will only be "forced" (Insider builds will expire) to update if you join the Windows Insider program, since these builds are made for testing and shouldn't be used for long periods of time.

Edited by Quadcore
  • Like 3

The way you posted, and often the way people speak about it, insinuates that once the year is over you will need to pay. Im going to clarify on this. For 1 year starting today you will be able to upgrade to windows 10 permanently for free if you own a copy of windows 7/8/8.1. After the year is up you will no longer be able to upgrade to windows 10 without a fee. If you own windows 10 by that time you will not lose it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...