Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

M9K Or Something Of That Accord

strelok23

Im new to the server of Hells Gamers but ive been playing zs for years now. I believe that in order to enhance and breathe new life into the game, the staff or PapaJohn (hes the owner i presume) should add a new weapons pack to the server. Apparently you guys have been using the default weapons of ZS for years. Even i would get tired of that no matter what game or server I play. So here is some weapon packs that you could try out. They are community made and free to use.

1. CWR(very good weapons pack not sure how hard it would be to instal but ive seen a couple gmod servers implement it already)

2. FAS:2(extremely well done weapons pack not as old as M9k but it far outshines it in quality, sound and asthetic design)

3. M9k(Very popular amongst literally hundreds of gmod servers, this weapons pack is everywhere and although not as great as the others on the list it is probably the easiest to install)

4. CW 2.0(updated and probably better version of CWR, but may be harder to install)

5. TFA(this one is risky as its quite new although its made by the same creater of fas and cwr, however this one is by far my favorite, very realistic sounding, amazing feeling when firing, these come close to their real life counterparts)

now ive heard of your guys's troubles with nox and jetboom. personally i loathe nox that server(if it exists anymore) can burn in hell for eternity but digressions aside these weapon packs do not violate and licenses, they do not give players advantages, they are not pay to win and i truly believe they will enhance the server's gameplay to a truly amazing experience

p.s. as for the loading times it may for this new content ive been to servers who combine these weapon packs or use huge amounts of content and after the first time i join it takes little time the next login, also if youre truly worried about loading times or lag m9k is your best choice since it takes up little space and still provides diversity(which is why its so popular with gmod servers its like the Java of weapons packs.

Anyways thank you for reading this post please critique, refute or give even more suggestions. i hope the staff of this server take this post into consideration. In fact if the server implements one of these weapon(or more) packs ill donate on the spot ($30)

Adding weapons isn't as simple as putting 1 and 1 together to get 2. It has to be planned out, purpose and stats given, tested, reworked and finally released. It's made slightly more complicated due to the situation with licensing but we can work around it as long as we need to.

You'll start to see some work done with the game mode soon however; we are taking ideas into consideration currently and thank you for taking the time out to make this one. Cheers!

• Like 1

Im new to the server of Hells Gamers but ive been playing zs for years now. I believe that in order to enhance and breathe new life into the game, the staff or PapaJohn (hes the owner i presume) should add a new weapons pack to the server. Apparently you guys have been using the default weapons of ZS for years. Even i would get tired of that no matter what game or server I play. So here is some weapon packs that you could try out. They are community made and free to use.

1. CWR(very good weapons pack not sure how hard it would be to instal but ive seen a couple gmod servers implement it already)

2. FAS:2(extremely well done weapons pack not as old as M9k but it far outshines it in quality, sound and asthetic design)

3. M9k(Very popular amongst literally hundreds of gmod servers, this weapons pack is everywhere and although not as great as the others on the list it is probably the easiest to install)

4. CW 2.0(updated and probably better version of CWR, but may be harder to install)

5. TFA(this one is risky as its quite new although its made by the same creater of fas and cwr, however this one is by far my favorite, very realistic sounding, amazing feeling when firing, these come close to their real life counterparts)

now ive heard of your guys's troubles with nox and jetboom. personally i loathe nox that server(if it exists anymore) can burn in hell for eternity but digressions aside these weapon packs do not violate and licenses, they do not give players advantages, they are not pay to win and i truly believe they will enhance the server's gameplay to a truly amazing experience

p.s. as for the loading times it may for this new content ive been to servers who combine these weapon packs or use huge amounts of content and after the first time i join it takes little time the next login, also if youre truly worried about loading times or lag m9k is your best choice since it takes up little space and still provides diversity(which is why its so popular with gmod servers its like the Java of weapons packs.

Anyways thank you for reading this post please critique, refute or give even more suggestions. i hope the staff of this server take this post into consideration. In fact if the server implements one of these weapon(or more) packs ill donate on the spot ($30)

It's more of the factor that HG is a point saving server and we don't want to add OP weapons that people can buy whenever. As soon as you introduce a new weapon, everyone will barricade in the Buffalo shitcade with it. Or imagine one of those weapons being the new Boomstick Party or Grim on Vertigo. Bleh, lol.

And I'm not certain but I think we would have to update the server for those weapon packs since they are designed for the updated version.

It's more of the factor that HG is a point saving server and we don't want to add OP weapons that people can buy whenever. As soon as you introduce a new weapon, everyone will barricade in the Buffalo shitcade with it. Or imagine one of those weapons being the new Boomstick Party or Grim on Vertigo. Bleh, lol.

And I'm not certain but I think we would have to update the server for those weapon packs since they are designed for the updated version.

oh i know i didnt explain this clearly what i meant was with these weapon packs you can adjust their damage, price and stats(ive seen other servers do it) anyways they can be adjusted to be fair and balanced . they can be made to do exactly the same damage as the other guns all that matters is more weapons. its more mainly for diversity reasons.

anyways im very grateful you guys responded to this reply and i hope to see more replies in the future :)

oh i know i didnt explain this clearly what i meant was with these weapon packs you can adjust their damage, price and stats(ive seen other servers do it) anyways they can be adjusted to be fair and balanced . they can be made to do exactly the same damage as the other guns all that matters is more weapons. its more mainly for diversity reasons.

anyways im very grateful you guys responded to this reply and i hope to see more replies in the future :)

Yea, it's a good idea to introduce a new arsenal. Just have to be very careful doing so, lol. If you have anymore ideas please share them. (:

another reason that m9k/other custom weps w/ custom models may not me added is because alot of people play on HG ZS because of the fact that its a vanilla server, and they dont have to download all the custom models, thus the loading speed is faster.

another reason that m9k/other custom weps w/ custom models may not me added is because alot of people play on HG ZS because of the fact that its a vanilla server, and they dont have to download all the custom models, thus the loading speed is faster.

again m9k loading speed is very fast(practically unnoticable) and secondly dealing with the same small set of weapons for several years would be tiring for anyone regardles of the nostalgia.

also thank you for your reply :)