Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Bringing Back The Dayz:sa In Hg

KB

First, This is just a suggestion. But as I am currently looking on the teamspeak server, There are no dayz channels. I'd love to be apart of the dayz:sa hg community if there can be one and if this could be seen by a person of higher power that would be great. I've always known that dayz was never a big part of HG but I'd love to gather a couple of members or recruits that would love to start playing the game as a team/group. I'd think that would be fun! What are your thoughts?

• Like 2

If the section were to launch a private shard server, it would make those players that randomly join off the server list far more inclined to join HG, or at least check the forums out.

I have tried in the past to say this, but was quickly (and ignorantly) shot down by past leadership.

A private shard would eliminate ghosting to get gear, and promote the use of some of the survival aspects of the game such as farming and tents. Players could not just hop onto the HG server with all the gear they got on some other public server.

Promoting role play, the HG website, and the HG TS in the MOTD when players join would generate users that would actually use these forums.

Players could post about their experiences on the server, role playing stories, trading, etc.

This would be a serious benefit to the section, and promote a lot more activity than there is currently.

There were some concerns with server hosting last time a brought this up, but as of today fragnet.net is offering a simple to set up private shard plan.

All the opposition from past leadership was and still is dead wrong and private shards are perfectly acceptable in the eyes of the DayZ:SA devs.

Before I end I should also note that in my last iteration of this suggestion everyone flipped shit about the no KOS rule, it worked on the server that I played at the time and that is why I suggested it, it can just be replaced by an urge to role play, and no hard rule.

• Like 1

I think that the constantly evolving and changing DayZ Standalone is a game that has great potential with the HG community.

I'm not necessarily the most active person in HG for someone who is not in it, half of you who have never player jailbreak don't even know who the hell I am, but I think that a DayZ private shard would be a great addition to HG with the many benefits of private shards.

The already half existing public shard has nothing proprietary to it as opposed to a potential private shard which would be a great way for the community members to play a great game.

• 2 weeks later...

If the section were to launch a private shard server, it would make those players that randomly join off the server list far more inclined to join HG, or at least check the forums out.

I have tried in the past to say this, but was quickly (and ignorantly) shot down by past leadership.

A private shard would eliminate ghosting to get gear, and promote the use of some of the survival aspects of the game such as farming and tents. Players could not just hop onto the HG server with all the gear they got on some other public server.

Promoting role play, the HG website, and the HG TS in the MOTD when players join would generate users that would actually use these forums.

Players could post about their experiences on the server, role playing stories, trading, etc.

This would be a serious benefit to the section, and promote a lot more activity than there is currently.

There were some concerns with server hosting last time a brought this up, but as of today fragnet.net is offering a simple to set up private shard plan.

All the opposition from past leadership was and still is dead wrong and private shards are perfectly acceptable in the eyes of the DayZ:SA devs.

Before I end I should also note that in my last iteration of this suggestion everyone flipped shit about the no KOS rule, it worked on the server that I played at the time and that is why I suggested it, it can just be replaced by an urge to role play, and no hard rule.

KOS wont work unless there are active admins. Something that will never happen with HG. Dayz is a game that does not really work well with a KOS rule. It can, but like i said we need admins on at all times.

If anyone wants a group to play with message me or add me on steam. I play a ton of standalone with a few guys. I could never really get many people in HG to play. Even when HG had a server i was the only person that ever joined it.

• Like 1

KOS wont work unless there are active admins. Something that will never happen with HG. Dayz is a game that does not really work well with a KOS rule. It can, but like i said we need admins on at all times.

If anyone wants a group to play with message me or add me on steam. I play a ton of standalone with a few guys. I could never really get many people in HG to play. Even when HG had a server i was the only person that ever joined it.

That isn't entirely true. Before work and all that started going nuts I was on the DayZ server quite a bit while I was a member. maybe it was timing but I rarely if ever saw anyone online on it which was why I stopped playing. If people are interested I'd be more than willing to start playing again. I believe I did a recent posting in the SA threads asking if anyone was still playing.

I think at the time I was hunting down Tommy's location to join up but never found it near Green Mountain.

Edited by Alten / Tseig
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

The biggest thing we have now against DayZ is the fact that servers are so god damn expensive for a game that isnt and seemingly will never be finished. If server prices come down we could POSSIBLY look at getting back a server but until then im afraid we cant do anything.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

There really should be a DayZ channel on TS. It would fit right into the "Survival" category.

Also, if anyone wants to get together and play, I'm down. Note that I'm not too great at it and my computer is p shit but it's playable.

Edited by RazzleBerry