Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

reviewed (Cs:s) Abuse Report (The Weeknd)

Sirius

Abuse Report

Abuser Name

The Weeknd

Abuser's Steam ID/Unique ID

STEAM_0:1:5696372

Where did this occur?

CS:S

What server?

Crackhouse DM

How long ago did this take place?

14:30:07

Give us a brief description of the incident.

Kicked a player with no warning and no explanation. Then muted the player and told another admin that I had kicked the player.

Proof:

L 08/24/2015 - 14:30:07: [basecommands.smx] "The Weeknd<323><STEAM_0:1:5696372><>" kicked "jonmac the blatant scripter<318><STEAM_0:0:61541214><>" (reason "")
L 08/24/2015 - 14:30:44: [hg_chat.smx] "The Weeknd<323><STEAM_0:1:5696372><>" muted "jonmac the blatant scripter<324><STEAM_0:0:61541214><>"
L 08/24/2015 - 14:31:56: [hg_chat.smx] "The Weeknd<323><STEAM_0:1:5696372><>" unmuted "jonmac the blatant scripter<324><STEAM_0:0:61541214><>"
L 08/24/2015 - 14:32:29: [basecommands.smx] "Console<0><Console><Console>" refreshed the admin cache.
L 08/24/2015 - 14:47:15: [basechat.smx] "The Weeknd<348><STEAM_0:1:5696372><>" triggered sm_psay to "Savage.09<352><STEAM_0:0:34347183><>" (text yo)
L 08/24/2015 - 14:47:26: [basechat.smx] "The Weeknd<348><STEAM_0:1:5696372><>" triggered sm_psay to "jonmac the blatant scripter<350><STEAM_0:0:61541214><>" (text you won't be kicked again, don't worry about it)
L 08/24/2015 - 14:47:49: [basechat.smx] "The Weeknd<348><STEAM_0:1:5696372><>" triggered sm_psay to "jonmac the blatant scripter<350><STEAM_0:0:61541214><>" (text stop enjoying this so much, haha)

Attached Files

Sirius,

I did NOT tell another Admin that you kicked a player. Im not sure how this was deciphered or gleaned from anything that was said or done in game. I would never do that. I am flabbergasted that this is even an accusation.

I kicked him because he was bad mouthing me via voice chat rather explicitly and had no chance to warn him, so I kicked him. He came on and conitnued to do it so I muted him. He seemed to moderate so I then unmuted him.

I then asked if this was okay in Spectator to you and Carnie (hoping you guys sanctioned it) as I noticed before and after that you were both watching and in-game. There was no response.

After things cooled down, I had a good discourse with him and things were fine. I reread the Admin Training guide and it does say to give a warning, but I had no chance to do so. If I can't use my admin credentials to moderate the game when people are openly insulting and harassing people/players, I'm not sure what they're there for. Also, he didn't lobby an admin abuse report.

That's what occured.

I did NOT tell another Admin that you kicked a player. Im not sure how this was deciphered or gleaned from anything that was said or done in game. I would never do that. I am flabbergasted that this is even an accusation.

You are correct that this was wrong but that's not what this abuse report is about.

I kicked him because he was bad mouthing me via voice chat rather explicitly and had no chance to warn him, so I kicked him. He came on and conitnued to do it so I muted him. He seemed to moderate so I then unmuted him.

The guy talked trash for less than a minute and you immediately jump to kicking him. This is NOT how we handle things here. If you can't take a little trash talk, you're going to need to rethink playing here and definitely going to lose your admin.

Admin guide clearly lays out what you can and can't do.

I then asked if this was okay in Spectator to you and Carnie (hoping you guys sanctioned it) as I noticed before and after that you were both watching and in-game. There was no response.

You asked after you did it? Not a good strategy. I idle in the servers quite a bit but when I'm in spec, I'm almost always off doing something else. I didn't see any of your messages as I hadn't been in game in a few hours.

After things cooled down, I had a good discourse with him and things were fine. I reread the Admin Training guide and it does say to give a warning, but I had no chance to do so. If I can't use my admin credentials to moderate the game when people are openly insulting and harassing people/players, I'm not sure what they're there for. Also, he didn't lobby an admin abuse report.

You needed to cool down before you used your admin. The player you kicked did nothing wrong. The discourse was with you kicking and then muting a player who did not deserve it. You had every chance to warn the player if you thought he was doing something wrong. This is a game server. We're not talking about life and death situations.

Your admin credentials are here for you to help keep the server running cleanly and fun within the guidelines that you agreed to follow when you signed up. If you don't wish to follow those, your access will be removed.

I want to be crystal clear, this is your last warning. Please use your admin wisely.

Understood?

Sirius