Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

October's Event - Replacement For Double Points

Anzeis

A lot of people seem pretty sad about the double point event ending, and I heard that it was gone for good, but one of the moderators said that we could suggest more events, so here's my idea.

A year ago or so, there was an admin who would do fun stuff when the population was low, such as hide a boomstick somewhere in the map in round 1, and make one random zombie a boss, or forceboss all the zombies as nightmares.

For October (or Halloween at least) all the guns in the shop should cost 1 point, be unlocked since wave 1 and have double damage, and all the zombies should be able to be a boss zombie since wave 1.

What do you think?

It would be lots of laughs to have 50 boomsticks/grims shooting against 30 nightmares.

That would give humans way more points than quadruple point wendsays.......

If they can make it so people get twice the points humans usually get, they can make it so they get half the points they would (at least while this event is active).

So instead of starting a flame war, ill list some things I like and dislike about this.

I like the idea of having a Halloween themed event for zs. And I agree with gaming limit that our event should be something we can run 24hours so that all zs players will have a chance to participate.

Now as far as the Halloween event goes, were going to need some better ideas than this. But I appreciate the suggestions and we are still open to ideas so keep them coming

• Like 2

Most people never got double point Wednesday also THEY LIED TO US. THERE IS NO POINT HAVING AN EVENT WHEN THEY SAY IT STARTS AT 4:00 pm MY TIME AND THEN IT HAPPENS 12 am LIKE WTF USELESS THING EVER.

Most people? I believe maybe EU people didn't get double points. Don't think that's most people. Also, we didn't lie, there was a little mistake on the times and timezones but well, it turned out alright. Complaining complaining and complaining is not gonna get you anywhere... Saying "Useless thing ever" won't either.

I really like people suggesting events and ideas! Just always keep in mind that everything off the game mode, requires coding!!! Simple ideas like this one could work out pretty good!

We need more and better ideas for events, so we can get something going!

Personally, I do think guns costing 1 point is a lil bit too much and I agree with Tyson on this, but we do appreciate the suggestion and we'll see what it comes out of this.

EDIT: Also think about FUN and not only about POINTS! Cuz remember:

FUN > POINTS

• Like 4

Most people? I believe maybe EU people didn't get double points. Don't think that's most people. Also, we didn't lie, there was a little mistake on the times and timezones but well, it turned out alright. Complaining complaining and complaining is not gonna get you anywhere... Saying "Useless thing ever" won't either.

I really like people suggesting events and ideas! Just always keep in mind that everything off the game mode, requires coding!!! Simple ideas like this one could work out pretty good!

We need more and better ideas for events, so we can get something going!

Personally, I do think guns costing 1 point is a lil bit too much and I agree with Tyson on this, but we do appreciate the suggestion and we'll see what it comes out of this.

EDIT: Also think about FUN and not only about POINTS! Cuz remember:

FUN > POINTS

But why was it never an alternate for people EU and across, also someone could of posted saying we posted the time zones wrong but know one never did. Also why only 10 hours I'm not stay up till 12 am just to get double points. Now you know why it was useless for people like me, Bill, exfro etc.

But why was it never an alternate for people EU and across, also someone could of posted saying we posted the time zones wrong but know one never did. Also why only 10 hours I'm not stay up till 12 am just to get double points. Now you know why it was useless for people like me, Bill, exfro etc.

True i missed that event everytime, also about the simple ideas, didn't you notice me saying (How about we use one of TF2 Halloween maps for this event? )

^the Halloween event^

hmm...

Edited by Old Bill
  • Like 1

True i missed that event everytime, also about the simple ideas, didn't you notice me saying (How about we use one of TF2 Halloween maps for this event? )

^the Halloween event^

hmm...

I did and I'm always taking notes ;) We'll think about the timezones. Just know that it's not easy to satisfy everyone. Just remember that HG is a big community and people from all over the world play on our servers.

Keep the brainstorming going!

I did and I'm always taking notes ;) We'll think about the timezones. Just know that it's not easy to satisfy everyone. Just remember that HG is a big community and people from all over the world play on our servers.

Keep the brainstorming going!

How about 3-7 days for each continent?

3-7 days for America's timezone

3-7 days for Europe's timezone

3-7 days for Asia's timezone

etc etc etc

then we can satisfy more people.

Edited by Old Bill

how about some custom Halloween themed player models? nothing like a pointshop thing, and only temporarily. if we can find some player models like this that already exist, i don't think that would be hard.

would be fun to run around as jack skellington or freddy krueger killing zombies

• Like 1

how about some custom Halloween themed player models? nothing like a pointshop thing, and only temporarily. if we can find some player models like this that already exist, i don't think that would be hard.

would be fun to run around as jack skellington or freddy krueger killing zombies

I think these should do

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=180601311&searchtext=jack+skellington

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=242707219&searchtext=halloween

Half off Halloween? I'm not complaining. 1 point guns? That's a bit of a stretch. Humans would make like 10,000 points every day especially if everyone's a boss.

Read what I said early, if they can make it so people get double points they can make it so people make 1/4 of the points they would make.

Now as far as the Halloween event goes, were going to need some better ideas than this. But I appreciate the suggestions and we are still open to ideas so keep them coming

I didn't think of it as a Halloween themed event, just as a fun event, humans running from nightmares and wendigos, maybe the shade would need to have reduced hp.

Fuck cading, just run around shooting everything.

But yes, we could add some temporary halloween themed models to make it more halloween-like.

I used to play on this one server that had a Heaven vs Hell event, which was pretty similar to this suggestion, where everyone who was a zombie had access to be any any Boss they wanted to be at any time, and all of the Humans would get 500 points to buy whatever they needed to. The map was also permanently set to a modified version (During the event only) of construct where there were props everywhere and the humans would have to use Boomsticks and Aegis kits to climb up to the top of the tallest tower and escape through a door at the top. It was pretty fun as well, and there was about a 35% Human Win rate. Obviously it would have to be different on this server since points carry between rounds, so it could be changed to where Humans only get 500 points at the beginning of the round and points earned don't carry over. As soon as the event finishes, the Humans get their original points back, or something like that.

I had a lot of fun during that event, and I think a lot of people at HG would like that too.

A reskin would be nice, but this requires add. content which I am not sure some people would like to see happen. (Just saying)

I'm looking forward to a halloween type of ZS. Instead of extra points, I want to see something that really has something to do with the theme (spooky scary yeah?) instead of catering to 99% of the population and just giving out points...

Zombie Survival Halloween Event

------------------------------------------

-Possible changes-

- Ammo is 50% off during intermission instead of 20%

- The amount of ammo given by resupplies double's

- Weapons are 25%-30% off during intermissions

- When boss zombies are picked, 3 more players become boss zombies to make 6 boss zombies each round

- Add Halloween maps from TF2 or make scarier maps selected more (Make obj maps and darker maps appear for selection 20% more)

- Add a Skull or pumpkin spectator model *

- Change start video to custom Halloween sound effects

- Change normal zombies to use the Skeleton skin for added effect

- Change ghoul skin to half ghoul and half skeleton (make parts of the zombie have bones show

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weapons/Misc

- Make Grenades jack-o-lanterns

- Make Nails for cading look like bones

- Make the message beacon a ghost

End of Post

Ideas?

another idea, in the very likeliness that the code required as well as effort to do this doesn't happen, i think a halloween themed event brought to the cinema server would be fun as well. watch a couple scary movies, maybe we can get a couple player skins on there. plus i don't expect halloween to be a very high population zs time but ya never know.

we don't want to have to re code the entire server for a 1 day event, as that is quite a bit of work.

another idea, in the very likeliness that the code required as well as effort to do this doesn't happen, i think a halloween themed event brought to the cinema server would be fun as well. watch a couple scary movies, maybe we can get a couple player skins on there. plus i don't expect halloween to be a very high population zs time but ya never know.

we don't want to have to re code the entire server for a 1 day event, as that is quite a bit of work.

i'm not telling you to re code the entire server

but why for one day? we can have it for 3 days or a week ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Does HG have a cinema server now?

Yes we do: 69.162.101.108:27015

Sounds like a nice idea Matthew!

About what Quick suggested, yeah that requires a bit too much of coding. Also it sounds like a little bit pointwhoreish. Nice ideas though :)