Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Can Anyone Teach Me How To Be Good?

HotBananas

One way that really helped me learn how to play this game was play against bots and following the build guides. Learn how to play the heroes there and watch where the bots ward and such. This will really help you learn the basics of the game and you can practice last hitting and stuff like that against bots. You can also find a bunch of nerds in teamspeak who play dota 2 pretty much everyday who might be willing to teach someone new, some of them aren't nice though :(

Edited by KarmaOfPain

Play with bots until you're good enough to beat the unfair bots, find a playstyle (carry, support, mid , offlane) my self i enjoy always playing the mid lane because it gives you control of the game in the early stages until like 35 min, and if you're a good mid you usually end up winning the game for your team, carry you can play i different ways, you can be early aggressive like a slardar with blink or you can play the late farmer like anti mage which never comes to fights until hes 6 slotted and is always split pushing, as the offlaner in most cases you try to not die early and get xp, leave the offlane at level 6 or you can stay depending on the enemy lineup, but most of the time at level 6 you should move away from the offlane and try to help your team secure the map, if you are a support guy please, please don't try to get rich and buy your own shit before upgrading courier and buying wards, supports are the poorest heroes in dota, and if you're buying arcane boots before you even put a single ward on the map you are basically fucking your team in the ass. If you find any kind of item build or skill build on the internet, don't follow it blindly, for a build to work you must know the purpose of why certain items are bought in certain situations. You don't buy a battlefury on anti-mage if there's an enemy tri lane in your face, instead go for vlads and farm the jungle. That's an example that you have to apply to every game that you play because no 2 games in dota can be the same.

If you can't adapt to your current situation you can't expect to be fountain camping the enemy team.

I'm a 4k player which isn't the best but you can add me on steam for more specific tips, or questions

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198021949895/