Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Thoughts On Potential Build?

Valjean

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/P6D7Q7

This is the build several other people conjured up after several iterations which were a bit too expensive for me. We went from 900 down to 600. I would like to keep it down to about 600. Shipping will kill also. Probably. But anyway thoughts? I am a gamer, as anyone else is here. Fallout 4, GTA V, Total War. Planetside 2. Warthunder. For a general idea. So yeah. This works?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/P6D7Q7

This is the build several other people conjured up after several iterations which were a bit too expensive for me. We went from 900 down to 600. I would like to keep it down to about 600. Shipping will kill also. Probably. But anyway thoughts? I am a gamer, as anyone else is here. Fallout 4, GTA V, Total War. Planetside 2. Warthunder. For a general idea. So yeah. This works?

Shipping to New York shouldn't be bad. Right now after all the promos and rebates, you're only at $557. That's with Win10 on your build as well, taking $85 when you can get it way cheaper than that, and still have a fully legitimate copy (not talking about pirating, dw).

What did you have in mind when you were talking about those certain games? Maxed settings? High? Medium? Etc.?

Shipping to New York shouldn't be bad. Right now after all the promos and rebates, you're only at $557. That's with Win10 on your build as well, taking $85 when you can get it way cheaper than that, and still have a fully legitimate copy (not talking about pirating, dw).

What did you have in mind when you were talking about those certain games? Maxed settings? High? Medium? Etc.?

Probably not doing the mail in rebates, also how with the Win10?

And in terms of those games, just better than my current GTX 530. Eventually I will upgrade to something better.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VwMD99

You can get windows 10 keys for around $25, or you can buy a 7 key and upgrade for $15.

The i3 destroys the 6300 in gaming, no point in 16 GB if this is such a tight budget build.

If you want, going off of this, you can change the 380 to a sapphire/msi/gigabyte as that 380 is just the cheapest branded one. No reason not to do the MIR's as well, its just free money, and all of them shouldn't even take an hour combined. I don't really agree with low-mid tier builds, especially when you plan on upgrading, but for the price this is great.

• Like 1