Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

cs:go Jailbreak Map V20.0 Public Testing And Input

->SK<-

Hello to you rebels and CT's (that haven't been blown up yet)!

You said you wanted to be more involved in the testing process? You got it. No need to sugar coat it or something, you get more input as to what is going to LIVE. How will this work old Obi? Simple. This thread will be dedicated to storing the builds of the map that is due to go live soon. To celebrate, the first WBC build has been made public for you to test and give feedback! Please read the damned readme that is inside the first WBC build before you ask stupid question or I will personally kill you to death.

[spoiler=README.txt]READ THIS FIRST! FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN CONFUSION!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

I've created this to get things moving so testing can happen at a earlier stage

than they do now. This requires a lot of expense on my part financially. Thanks Obama.

ALL FILES ARE BZIPPED. Why? My internet is really bad.

KEY WORDS (FOLDERS):

If a map is inside the folder, it is currently at that stage.

[LIVE] : The current live build of the map. If you want to ye know download it or something weird like that.

[OLD] : Old beta builds are stored here. Sorry, no alpha builds for you lot, those are under wraps for a while longer.

[DEV] : This is where the latest development build is placed. If you want to know what I'm working on, then look at this here. Don't report anything broken from this pile of junk, seriously I find things in two seconds flat in the editor at this stage.

[WBC] : (Working Build Candidate) This is where maps that are ready to go to live sit. Maps are tested by myself for basic runtime (i.e it won't catch on fire if I exploit the map etc.) and should be stable. The public then has the chance to test it.

All WBC builds will have a sub folder with the WBC build number. The higher the number, the newer.

Latest created WBC build is currently : (001) - Fresh Kicks, and is due to be released Wednesday. So get testing!

You can get all WBC builds (current and previous) here.

Changelogs below...

[spoiler=(001) - Fresh Kicks]

CHANGES AND ADDITIONS

ADDITIONS
  • [300 VENTS] They're back. Woo?
  • [ADMIN ROOM TELEPORT] Added a teleport that brings you to your own little office. (Warden's office)
  • [DEATHMATCH] It's back! You can now kill each other (again) in an old part of the prison and try to wrestle control in the Gulag's.
  • [PUREMINDLESS ROCKETEERING] Pioneering massive loads (heh) of failures wherever we go! The rocketeers (in other words the rocket out of old climb and friends) are back!

CHANGES
  • [PLAYGROUND] Changed the layout considerably to accommodate the changes below...
  • [DODGEBALL] Dodgeball past this update will cease to exist in the jailbreak map. Sorry to the few who did like it, but it's not worth any more dev time and only added one warday that was broken anyway.
  • [ROULETTE] Roulette rooms moved and expanded to give T's more room
  • [ROULETTE CONTROLS] Moved the controls up to the balcony.
  • [DEAGLE-NUKE VENT] Removed to make way for OG 300 vents to come back.
  • [iNFIRM] Normalized the healing for both teams. It's now back to what it was (25 HP regardless of team per half second)
  • [300] Changed the buttons to be back to what they were originally.
  • [ADMIN ROOM] Removed the passage way that once was in Wipeout to Admin Room.
  • [DUNGEON] Made the single set of stairs hollow to allow people to go underneath.
  • [CLIMB] Completely revamped climb. Like, revamped it completely.
  • [RED ROOM] Morphed into Climb so it's shorter and more directly accessing to both areas.
  • [LIGHTING] Updated the lighting to be a frosty white type. Changed the angle cast at.
  • [GREEN ROOM] Changed Green Room to be a different ideology and is now a very nice area that people can sit in and stuff...?
  • [DUNGEON] Retextured the final area, removing the skylight and replacing it with lamps (apparently me wanting sunlight and a nice shade doesn't mean I can break the laws of the world and physics)
  • [CELLS RAILINGS] Height adjusted to allow jump from VIP shingles to closest railing and vice versa to be possible without a sticky out ledge.
  • [CELL DOORS] Height adjusted in line with the cell railing height adjustment.
  • [DUCK HUNT] Made Hobbit Hole easier to get into by elongating the hole downward by 8 hammer units.
  • [DUCK HUNT] Finalised the (Patent Pending) Anti-dropdown-bullshitterino slope. It should not affect any legitimate attempts to get into Hobbit Hole.

BUG FIXES

• [300] Fixed a bug where you could walk through the middle lasers without any bother.
  • [sHADOWS] Still cleaning up bad shadows; should be the last or second last pass needed to be done.
  • [sOLITARY] Fixed the door being breakable. It is now unbreakable.
  • [LIGHTING] Fixed an issue where the sun was incorrect comparable to the shadows.
  • [LIGHTING] Fixed an issue with the shadows that could result in impossible shadows being cast.
  • [DEAGLE CAGE] Fixed an instance where a user could become stuck when using the trigger_push to gain speed.
  • [MECH] Fixed a killer bench. Wasn't fun dying by it with a jihad in hand.
  • [CELL STAIR UNDERCARRIAGE RAILING] Corrected the near-side undercarriage railing set to cells to be back in line and not stick out.

A special thanks goes to PureMindless for his help with this build in particular (as he gave me the updated climb to and I quote my own words "prettify"). I have given him proper credit with his own part in the maps lore and I think you'll like it too. Also to those who complained I didn't give him ample credit; get off the high horse and hang on a second. The map still HASN'T been released yet and I give people credit in my own special way. I feel a simple gesture of thanks isn't enough, and I hope by creating this...image (PureMindless made the idea, and I executed), I can lend to that mentality.

[spoiler=Yeah this image is indecent so be warned]

kff5wts.png

To reply with any feedback you may have, INCLUDE THE WBC BUILD NUMBER AT THE BEGINNING OF THE POST. I WILL ONLY ASK ONCE.

Something like this :

Feedback for : WBC Build 001

Remember to give feedback and bugs if any arise. Thanks!

- SKay

• Like 1

[DODGEBALL] Dodgeball past this update will cease to exist in the jailbreak map. Sorry to the few who did like it, but it's not worth any more dev time and only added one warday that was broken anyway.

I'm feeling really triggered about this specifically, I LOVE DODGEBALL WHY DO YOU RUIN MY DREAMS D:

ps: everything else is dank af. good job :D

Feedback for : WBC Build 001

[DUCK HUNT]

Standalone pillar -- Where to go once you get there? It's not very hard to get there either, 9/10 times I can get there

Glory hole -- WAY too hard to get in there, it's like it wasn't even tested to get in there because 19/20 times, I can't get there

Glory hole -- All you need to do is stand above the ledge and fall off whilst strafing toward it and you'll get in.

Glory hole -- Remove the gun from there and put in the pool room on the tip of the diving board

[HEART SHAPED POOL]

Add a gun, it is pointless to rebel in there unless we take the long way and rebel to upper VIP but the CT's can get there faster via main cells area. Example to place it: Diving board

See above, add a gun to the tip of the diving board

[MAIN CELL AREA]

Cell stairs -- bottom of cell stairs, there should be a small railing there, I don't know what happened to the parallel small rails but it looks incomplete

Cell stairs -- what is with the railing at the undercarriage of cell stairs CLOSEST to cells? Why is it sticking out? Why can you jump on it beside the stairs?? See this

8th cell -- Why is the area sticking out a little bit? Why is there now a little wall? Can we just scrap that and make the area end where the 8th cell ends? It makes it more challenging for lava days again and no more confusing orders with the shortest railing

Echair -- I liked the old one IMO, where the little light thing was on the top of the door and you can jump onto echair using a strafe crouch jump. Brought a little challenge to those who strafe crouch jump, but if its not possible to revert its fine

Race stalls -- Is it possible to add hurdles again that randomly pop up during intervals? It creates more randomness and it means people with speed might mess up and hit those giving other people a chance without a speed boost

Deagle fence -- There is a little area where you can get stuck cause the booster is pushing you against the wall, extend the wall a little bit so it doesn't happen

Fountain -- Either move it closer to infirm or closer to solitary, it is embarrassingly easy that does not require strafing which takes out the hard aspect

Lower VIP -- Give smokes back instead of mollys, mollys are just noob traps to people who use them and turn red. No idiot CT should die to mollys and its a waste

Above cells -- Give the vent back to soccer, it was a nice touch and gives more lava day variations

[RED ROOM]

General -- There's no where to rebel. Either add the vent in deagle vents to nuke/300vents or add like AKs because it is an underwhelming spot right now

Climb -- Remove the pipes at the end jumps near the fins, completely destroys the last jump hard part

Climb -- Make the water rise higher, whats the point of it stopping before the last platform / pipes. The water should rise to the point where it covers the very last tier

Climb -- Add a smoke again at the bottom of climb, the smoke was good for anyone who got there first to try and screw over the other T's. An autokilling event like climb, hurdles, obs etc.. it becomes a competition for the T's and it's fun to screw each other over

ADD A GUN OR WAYS TO REBEL

[GREEN ROOM (???)]

Is this room purely for aesthetics?

[sHOT4SHOT]

Roulette -- doors. Also I miss white rooms cause white is right. Rooms are nicely sized however

General -- Why is the room oddly shaped? Make it a complete rectangle, it just looks weird

Wheel -- put it above the roulette rooms

General -- Tree? Umm.. it doesn't fit with the area nor does it add any value except an entity usage

[OBS]

Water -- please instakill again, make it more unforgiving if you fuck up

Hurdles -- Taller lasers

[bLUE ROOM]

Lights -- destroyableeeeeeeee (it's a nice QoL)

First archway -- Give more padding at the sides inside, it was nice that people can hide there with bombs and bomb the CTs that go into the blue room. You can argue that they can hide in the little cavity to the left when you go in but the one on the right on the old map, you can type /view and see when the CT's were coming near

[JOKERS DUNGEON]

Stairs -- Looks weird now, nothing supports the stairs and the hiding spot is really odd. Was hoping that somewhere along the lines of here https://gyazo.com/6c...632936c270b06f1 so either at 1 it goes all the way down to the stairs area. Or 2, both sides it cuts in the middle and then a hallway down to the stairs

[JJK]

Add more p250s (whoever has speed gets the gun first)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...