Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Representing Hellsgamers

F4ithl3ss

As some of you may recall, I was once a head figure of this community and always aimed to create an enjoyable environment for everyone, both members and guests. Fellow members of Divisional Council (as it was called back then) and I would not have been able to help make HG as great as it was without the help of our DLs and Moderators. The key to our success back then was honesty, hard work, and mutual respect. We would expect our moderators to follow administrative rules that we had set in place, report or handle rule breakers with a fair amount of punishment, and to always treat players in the server, regardless of how difficult they were being, with respect.

What I'd like to focus on here is respect; or the lack thereof. It was so important to us that our moderators were being respectful in the servers to other players, because even if someone was being difficult, there were others in the server that were watching and listening to everything that those moderators were doing and saying. As representatives of the ENTIRE HellsGamers community, our moderators knew that when they were in the servers, their behavior would reflect on every single person that wore the tag. However, over time, it seems that something has changed.

I left the community a little over two years ago for personal reasons and have just recently come back to find myself in the jailbreak server being publicly called a cunt, being muted for an unreasonable amount of time, trying to point out the wrong doings of admins in admin chat (privately as not to embarrass anyone), being gagged, and being teamed up on by CS:GO moderators, the ones who wear the HG tags and represent the entire community. Was I being polite before this and doing nothing to start the conflict? No, I contributed, but I'm not the one wearing the tags, I chose to remove them because I no longer wanted to represent this community, I only wanted to represent myself. It's no surprise to me why donations have lowered and servers have closed, apparently this community has stopped teaching moderators to respect their guests and allowing them to take control of the servers, going unpunished, with little contribution from those toward the top.

• Like 16

From my perspective, it would be weird but a good thing to enforce good manners from everyone in HG. Being a better person is always a good thing. I hope these experiences don't stop you from being around cuz you're pretty cool and a great lead in JB.

literally the way i made it through hg was 'dont be a dick' idk if this changed or what but being non-combative towards anyone in or not in the clan was always something everyone did. wasn't "enforced" but i mean staff expected people (recruit+) to generally be courteous if they were representing the clan. if thats not the way it is anymore idk why

A post which was deleted from a nameless moderator (remaining nameless so it doesn't start an issue) was a perfect example of the point that I am trying to demonstrate. The post was aggressive and sarcastic instead of being constructive. That sort of attitude will ward players away from the servers and the forums because they will feel that they are being disrespected and treated as less than equal.

• Like 2

If people are acting out of line, you gather proof like a screenshot or demo and post it to the appropriate bans section to get the evidence reviewed.

I agree with your wall of text that people who represent our community at an elevated level should be even more so on their best behavior, but we can't act on hearsay. Documentation is key here.

• Like 2

If people are acting out of line, you gather proof like a screenshot or demo and post it to the appropriate bans section to get the evidence reviewed.

I agree with your wall of text that people who represent our community at an elevated level should be even more so on their best behavior, but we can't act on hearsay. Documentation is key here.

The evidence you're seeking is in any of the servers at any time of day for the past 2 weeks. How about a proactive approach? How about getting together and having a meeting about building up the community again(Edit: building up the community the RIGHT way)? Notice I didn't name anyone, that's because it's not 1 or 2 moderators, it's the majority of them. There is a greater issue here than an abuse or ban report. That response has carried into the servers as well, by the way. Players in the servers complain about issues they are having and the moderators that are "actively moderating" in the servers tell them to go to the forums instead of watching and helping; they don't even give them the time of day.

Edited by F4ithl3ss

Well written, and well spoken thereof. However, as a mod, I feel slandered that you have to say the majority of us are doing a 'terrible job' as concluded from what you wrote. Please, let me know if there is anything I can tell the others, and I'll make sure to relay the message and that my fellow mods know exactly what is the problem, and what we can do as a collective to make sure it's amended. I applied for the sole reason to clean up the server I moderate and make sure everything is running smoothly, and from what I see it as, that's exactly what is happening. I have not felt compelled to firmly tell my fellow mods to 'pick up their act,' although with a miniscule amount of problems due to lack of professionalism towards other mods, but maybe that's because I'm not on at the right time. If I'm the problem, please personally message me, and I will make sure things are corrected. If not, I hope whatever problem you have is resolved in a timely manner. It's obvious people should be behaving properly, and especially those who are entrusted with such a thing as 'mod.' It's a bit sad a post like this has to be created.

Edited by Sunbeh
  • Like 1

The evidence you're seeking is in any of the servers at any time of day for the past 2 weeks. How about a proactive approach? How about getting together and having a meeting about building up the community again(Edit: building up the community the RIGHT way)? Notice I didn't name anyone, that's because it's not 1 or 2 moderators, it's the majority of them. There is a greater issue here than an abuse or ban report. That response has carried into the servers as well, by the way. Players in the servers complain about issues they are having and the moderators that are "actively moderating" in the servers tell them to go to the forums instead of watching and helping; they don't even give them the time of day.

Since you are past leadership, you know and can understand the time constraints of the position. We can't moderate all of the servers all of the time. We look to our team of volunteers and players to report issues in the server as they come up, which we'll address. Part of this process is to gather proof of an issue occurring so we can deal with it. Complaining in game doesn't get the job done, we need the feedback and proof posted here.

All of our leadership team and moderators are representatives of the community and we hold them to a higher standard than we do normal HG members or the non HG folks who play on our servers. Again, if there's an issue with them, please do an abuse report and post the appropriate proof so we can address.

Thanks.

Sirius

• Like 6