Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Minecraft Is There A Place In Hg?

WhyYouAlwaysLying

• Executive Council

This is sad to hear

When things brake it is more fun to rebuild them then second or third time around

Would you help rebuild if you could?

Basically there has been a minecraft division/server in varying capacities and forms numerous times (3-5 now, can't remember anymore...) Everytime the server has become unpopulated and minecraft being fairly resource intensive to host, expensive. Setting up and running a minecraft server usually takes a whole team to do, and there has never been enough dedication and drive internally to keep the server running - interest in minecraft comes in waves and slowly dies out... I don't think that HG is in the right shape to take that one at the moment, but I wouldn't say having a minecraft server in some capacity is completely out of the question in the future, just not the near future. Sorry to burst your bubble :( I would suggest reading some of the previous revival threads.

Not sure if minecraft is in high demand of a server. Maybe in the future, can't guarantee anything though.

Hmm well im glad see in the future things could change

Basically there has been a minecraft division/server in varying capacities and forms numerous times (3-5 now, can't remember anymore...) Everytime the server has become unpopulated and minecraft being fairly resource intensive to host, expensive. Setting up and running a minecraft server usually takes a whole team to do, and there has never been enough dedication and drive internally to keep the server running - interest in minecraft comes in waves and slowly dies out... I don't think that HG is in the right shape to take that one at the moment, but I wouldn't say having a minecraft server in some capacity is completely out of the question in the future, just not the near future. Sorry to burst your bubble :( I would suggest reading some of the previous revival threads.

Thank You for the history lesson I'll keep that in mind and yes I have read though a lot of you old Mc threads and it sounds like all them were fun servers to play on. If only I was around then to play on them I might help keep them going strong and long.

Use to play that

I still do daily

• 2 weeks later...

HG has tried multiple times and it has failed every time. Minecraft is dominated by a few servers that have all of these different types of minigames and such. With all of these big youtubers playing on these servers, a big part of the community (primarily kids) will play on those servers exclusively. Now there are others players who do play the old game modes (typical survival, creative, etc. ) but are hard to find since they are very loyal to their server. Also since a huge population of minecrafters (uh.. that's a word) are 13 and UNDER, them joining HG is out of the question. (Yes I am aware, they can lie.) Minecraft is just not a smart investment to join into without a DEDICATED player base from the start.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

... Setting up and running a minecraft server usually takes a whole team to do...

Not entirely true. Me and one person had set up a server entirely on our own and I solo managed the tech end of it. We also kept a small team of staff on it. With the right plugins and management, it can take a few people max to start up a smaller server.

Not entirely true. Me and one person had set up a server entirely on our own and I solo managed the tech end of it. We also kept a small team of staff on it. With the right plugins and management, it can take a few people max to start up a smaller server.

To integrate the bans system, and admins, etc. It would take months to code lua versions for minecraft. Plus, we would need Server Managers who know what they're doing when it comes to minecraft. You also have to realize that we would have to constantly administrate the server and I don't think we have people dedicated enough to sit in our survival server 24/7. We've tried many times before, we're not going to try again.

(In return taking a big team)

To integrate the bans system, and admins, etc. It would take months to code lua versions for minecraft. Plus, we would need Server Managers who know what they're doing when it comes to minecraft. You also have to realize that we would have to constantly administrate the server and I don't think we have people dedicated enough to sit in our survival server 24/7. We've tried many times before, we're not going to try again.

(In return taking a big team)

I mean I'd sit on it all day if I got incentives kek, But regardless rep don't Necro posts pl0x

• 4 months later...