Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

info Help Us Get Perp Back On It's Feet! Make Perp Great Again!

->SK<-

Hello to drug hoarders and cops alike! We need your help!

As everyone is well aware at this stage, PERP has seen its better days; no sugarcoating it. With the base code we have at our disposal, it had served us well up until recently when huge problems began emerging in the complicated and intricate code base, meaning updates, fixes and other bits were going to be limited with the limited dev base that we had. We're being left behind, but we can come back and leapfrog our way back to the top. You may have noticed that under our donations page linked here, that we now have a new second donation goal called PERP DEVELOPMENT FUND. You may also see the goal is $1,000 USD, which is a big ask. But don't go yet! It's important you stay till the very end...

The reason why we need that chunk'a'change is because the license to be able to run the server costs that much. HellZone license out a much more updated, streamlined and optimized version of PERP for others to host, and they license it out for that chunk of change. Not our rules, sorry. While we could sap some leftovers from the donations that HG gets, we feel it would not be morally correct. We want this to be funded 100% from donations, and thats why this fundraiser exists. So you can show your support and help us back on the path to success, so you can ride with us on the journey of more success. :devil:

Once we reach the goal of $1,000 USD, I will do everything at my disposal to get that server up and running, as soon as feasibly possible. Not a minute will be spared in that pursuit; you lot have waited too long for anything PERP related. And even if we don't reach it, I will still try all I can to get the current version working till such a time we can reach our goal. I know this is a very big ask. We absolutely know this. Please do not donate if you cannot afford to do so. I cannot emphasize that enough. ONLY DONATE IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO DO SO. But I hold it deep in my heart that we can reach our goals, and it's in your hands to make it a reality.

DONATE HERE

Let's do this!

- SKay.

P.S always ban sui :banbut:

double p.s: im super gay and ive been chasing the rainbow to catch my pot of gold for years. -skay

• Like 4

Papa john is no longer a DL, and I talked to Homer personally to get this up.

There's a difference between getting a donation goal up and actually having some sort of development on it. Just because you talked to Homer personally and got him to get things "started" (though a donation page isn't really much) doesn't mean it'll go anywhere, trust me.

If i were to donate the rest, i doubt we'd have "The brand new" perp everyone has been waiting for for the past 3 years or so. If this whole donation page was made back when PERP was actually active, then the goal of $1,000 would have been made in less than a week. This just feels like a hype thread and nothing else.

#HGOffice2.0

#HGBans2.0

#HGPERP2.0

Edited by Icon315
  • Like 3

There's a difference between getting a donation goal up and actually having some sort of development on it. Just because you talked to Homer personally and got him to get things "started" (though a donation page isn't really much) doesn't mean it'll go anywhere, trust me.

If i were to donate the rest, i doubt we'd have "The brand new" perp everyone has been waiting for for the past 3 years or so. If this whole donation page was made back when PERP was actually active, then the goal of $1,000 would have been made in less than a week. This just feels like a hype thread and nothing else.

#HGOffice2.0

#HGBans2.0

#HGPERP2.0

Don't be rude pls. I'll give you infinite stamina man.

Also yes please donating once I get paid

Edited by DirtyDNA

Well, if the license was bought, we would have access to the actually fixed and working version of Perp. All the code isn't a stringy mess anymore. We've been stuck with recoding the old version from scratch almost; with only two devs, and then one, and now none. There's literally no other option at this point. We have no coders at all to work on this, so it's either this or no Perp at all. After we would get the fixed version of the game that runs perfectly, we then can worry about adding new content to meet your demands for your New Perp.

And then when one thing breaks because of an update it's done again for 3 years

After 1000$ I'm sure Killslick would supply us with updates. He actually used to work with us back in the day.

I'm sure this licence is just for this instance of the game mode and not updates, just as the last licence was. Is he making royalties off this too?? There's much left to the dark about this license deal