Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

List Of Good Shows/ Shows You Should Be Watching

BarkingSteve

!DISCLAIMER!

THESE ARE SHOWS THAT I HAVE WATCHED THE ENTIRETY OF, MAKING THIS LIST COMPLETELY BASED ON MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION AND THE SHOW AS A WHOLE, NOT AS SEGMENTED CHUNKS. IF IT JUMPED THE SHARK, IT ISN'T ON THE LIST

House of Cards:

Holy hell I love this series. It seems with each season the Underwood's true nature comes out more and more and they are put in more dire situations. The scramble and almost limitless ends to which Frank is willing to go to for power is great to watch season after season. The cherry on top is that this series is released a season at a time, and with season 4 being released last week, there are about 14 more hours to watch. Highly recommend to anyone interested in psychopaths, American Politics, and cleverly written characters.

Better Call Saul:

A prequel to AMC's Breaking Bad, the show explores the past of Saul Goodman when he was known as Jimmy McGill, a lowly aspiring lawyer living in his brothers shadow. The events depicted in the show are the time before, during, and after Saul's run in with Walter White, starting with his time as a legitimate lawyer. If you watched and enjoyed Breaking Bad, then you will love this show. The series takes a much closer look at some of the more underdeveloped characters and really fleshes them out providing the viewer with a more humanized cast.(Breaking bad did this very good as well). All in all, great show. Really excited to see where it goes.

The Wire:

My favorite show of all time by a large margin. Taking place in Baltimore, the wire documents the lives of the BPD and their ongoing struggle to maintain order in the city. This show really throws away the conventional TV thriller method of trying to hype up their characters to be unnaturally perfect or typecast-ed. The real world accurate depiction of the steers and how the game runs is very true to itself. This show gave a ton of actors their big breaks. The amount of star power in this show is insane and keeps being good throughout all of its many seasons.

Ray Donovan:

Ray Donovan is about the on goings of a Hollywood cleaner man. The virtual boogeyman of the sunbathed streets of California, Ray is in charge of making all of the big name celebrities fuck ups disappear. Playing the invisible hand behind the headlines, Ray is constantly changing the social landscape for his clients and making sure that their image and reputation stay intact, despite their seemingly best intentions to tarnish their names as much as possible. Great show with some amusing characters.

Space Jam

Other shows that are good:

-Shameless

-True Detective

-Sherlock

-Parks And Recreation

-Fargo

-The West Wing

-Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia

-Gotham

-Narcos

-The Man In The High Castle

-Scrubs

-Luther

-Dexter

-House MD

HG's Picks:

-Archer ( Suggested by BryanJ)

-Game Of Thrones ( Suggested by JoeT)

If you like any of these shows or like something that I failed to mention, message me your thoughts! I would love to make a larger group for HG in the film and TV area, but I don't know who is interested if they don't let me know. I love TV and would really like to see this evolve into a neat thing where HG peeps and just get together and just share opinions!

Edited by David(Jailbreak)

Archer is a pretty good show.

I'm so embarrassed that I forgot archer, concerting i LITERALLY have a poster for the show above my laptop. It is so damn funny, and i'm really excited for the next season. I'm also adding GOT to the list. Joe, how good is prison break? I really need a new thriller/ drama to watch.

Edited by David(Jailbreak)

• 2 weeks later...

*1. I just started house of cards and wow loving it so much, I am at season 2.

here are some of my all time favorites ( suggestions )

1. The sopranos

2. 24

3. Entourage

4. Lost

5. The O.C

6. family guy

7. Suits

8. The good wife

9. law and order

10. weeds