Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

info Perp Rules Update... Discussion Thread

->SK<-

This thread is to accommodate discussions for rule changes in PERP.

This thread is not for bug reports.

If you wish to let us know about a specific rule you'd like to see changed, please let us know!

Template:

1. Rule you want to see changed/removed:

2. Reason for change/removal:

3. Desired re-wording of the rule you want changed (optional, leave N/A if you want to skip) : N/A

1. Rule you want to see changed/removed: Where properties lines begin

2. Reason for change/removal: Take MTL for example, its argued it starts at the side walk, or maybe at the gate. We need to find a common ground on certain properties such as MTL.

3. Desired re-wording of the rule you want changed (optional, leave N/A if you want to skip) : Property lines begin where the grass/gate/door is depending on its location and type of property.

1. Rule you want to see changed/removed: Where properties lines begin

2. Reason for change/removal: Take MTL for example, its argued it starts at the side walk, or maybe at the gate. We need to find a common ground on certain properties such as MTL.

3. Desired re-wording of the rule you want changed (optional, leave N/A if you want to skip) : Property lines begin where the grass/gate/door is depending on its location and type of property.

Nobody owns sidewalks that shit is government property, no one should get warned,shot,harassed etc for walking on the sidewalk, anyone arguing that should be banned. Mtl property has always started at the fence line making the entire property a rectangle. The driveway to pull up to mtl should also mtls property as it's inside the fence line and it's off the public street. Imo you shouldn't own the grass before the fence but that could definitely be argued.

Edited by Cookie

Nobody owns sidewalks that shit is government property, no one should get warned,shot,harassed etc for walking on the sidewalk, anyone arguing that should be banned. Mtl property has always started at the fence line making the entire property a rectangle. The driveway to pull up to mtl should also mtls property as it's inside the fence line and it's off the public street. Imo you shouldn't own the grass before the fence but that could definitely be argued.

That's what I assumed too, but literally was told I was on property when I wasn't at the gate. Needs to be clearly defined in the rules.

1. Rule you want to see changed/removed: 37. Fight Clubs are not allowed. (i.e. Making an arena on a property for people to fist fight.)

2. Reason for change/removal: I feel like this should be changed to a law. If both parties consent I don't see why a fight for money can't happen in a secluded area.

3. Desired re-wording of the rule you want changed (optional, leave N/A if you want to skip) : N/A

• Like 2

1. Rule you want to see changed/removed: 37. Fight Clubs are not allowed. (i.e. Making an arena on a property for people to fist fight.)

2. Reason for change/removal: I feel like this should be changed to a law. If both parties consent I don't see why a fight for money can't happen in a secluded area.

Wasn't this made a rule because the mayor and/or cops would support or try to host these which they really shouldn't. Few bad apples eh, should definitely be made illegal if this rule was changed imo and as such corrupt mayors should be dealt with by administrators and not by removing game modes.

That's what I assumed too, but literally was told I was on property when I wasn't at the gate. Needs to be clearly defined in the rules.

I agree the lines should be more well defined for the entire map, I do distinctly remember a map floating around the Skype mod chat before you were even a mod showing the lines someone drew no clue why no one ever made an"official"one Edited by Cookie
  • Like 1

Yes, but people were crossing sidewalk and i'm seeing people being warned. I'm almost positive I put in a rule for this, and it was removed? Better to have a rule on where property lines are that's what i'm saying.

Edited by Magic

The rules have been updated. The following have been changed :

15. Shops are for retail purposes only! This means you can not grow drugs in shops OR raid shops. You may only molotov a shop if you are a direct rival to the shop owner (i.e you are also a show owner and are selling similar items) and both of you have been selling legitimately for at least 15 minutes.

28. You may only give /advert death threats to the mayor regarding taxes once taxes are above 10%. You must give a minimum of three pay checks to allow the mayor to comply. Once the time period passes, you may assassinate the mayor.

29. You may kidnap and hold the mayor as a hostage for a ransom and/or kill the mayor if no ransom is paid. The mayor must have sat in office for at least 20 minutes before you are able to do this, and you must wait 20 minutes in between kidnappings. The ransom can be no larger than $3,000 and you must give 5 paychecks for someone to pay it. If no one pays it, you have permission to assassinate the mayor.

33. If you plan to use multiple properties as one base, you must own the properties that you wish to use as a base and set up props accordingly. For example, if you wish to use the Apartments as a base and plan to use the 2nd Floor and up, you must own all apartments on the floors that you wish to base on and upward (i.e own Apartment 203, 204 and the Penthouse).

34. An organization may only raid a place it has previously raided every 30 minutes. This break period starts after the raid is over, not when it starts. If you die during a raid, you are under NLR for the duration of the raid, and may only return once the raid is concluded. If the org has multiple bases within the same area (i.e both org bases are in Suburbs), you may not return to defend one if you died at another.

1. Rule you want to see changed/removed: Rule 34 changed back to original

2. Reason for change/removal: It should be back to 15-20 minutes because it was changed from 30 minutes to 15 minutes for a reason and 15 minutes is enough prepare for a raid again (not every raid is gonna be successful)

Edited by Lemonade

1. Rule you want to see changed/removed: Rule 29.

2. Reason for change/removal: Was changed from 15 miniutes to 20 and from 3 paychecks to 5?

Not really seeing the logic here, why have rule 28 set for a 3 paycheck limit to murder, but 5 for a ransom? Honestly 5 is way to long, a mayor can max out gov't officials and they should easily be able to buy the ransom within 3 paychecks (1 min = 1 paycheck).

1. Rule you want to see changed/removed: Rule 29.

2. Reason for change/removal: Was changed from 15 miniutes to 20 and from 3 paychecks to 5?

Not really seeing the logic here, why have rule 28 set for a 3 paycheck limit to murder, but 5 for a ransom? Honestly 5 is way to long, a mayor can max out gov't officials and they should easily be able to buy the ransom within 3 paychecks (1 min = 1 paycheck).

It was a copy paste from the original ruleset, I didn't actually put it to five paychecks (mistake of mine, should've done some spell checking. Sorry.). I won't change it immediately cause that could cause bother but it will be amended once the next set of rule amendments are in place.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1

1 - Gang wars should be enabled

2 - Not sure why it's still disabled, from the rules it's stated it was disabled for an update and I'm wondering if that update is done. And if it is please consider re enabling it.

3 - N/A

Edited by Arezk