Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Enhancing The Experience Of New Players

Petroy

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone, we need to make PERP easier for new players. The current player base of our PERP server is dominated by veterans. In order to keep players on the server, I believe it is important to take steps to stop implementing changes that are making the game harder for new players and implement updates that help new players transition to veterans.

THE GOOD UPDATES

• Physgun Rental Service
  • Adding new vehicles
  • Nerfing SWAT
  • Adding ATM machines back at convenient places
  • Two new activities (drug runner and detective)
  • Paying for an increased paycheck
  • Increasing the price of cocaine/meth

These updates were promoting fair gameplay between people who pay and people who do not pay. Additionally, we have received quality of life updates that should have been implement a long time ago. Also, they were adding something new to the gamemode that has stayed the same for a long ass time.

THE NOT SO GOOD UPDATES

• Kevlar
  • Weapon balances?

These updates changed the meta of PERP which was easy for veterans to transition to but made it a living hell for new players to transition to. At the moment, Kevlar is worth around ~2k and costs about ~10k to be fully armored which can be a financial burden for new players if they want to keep up with the meta. Moreover, the weapon balances have made the AK-47 the strongest weapon in the game and in order to obtain access to it you have to go through the process of getting level 6 pistol marksmanship -> level 4 shotgun -> level 4 submachine gun.

SUGGESTIONS

• Level 2 pistol marksmanship --> Level 4 shotgun marksmanship --> Level 4 submachine gun

I have no idea what should be done with kevlar. Would love to hear your feedback and suggestions on kevlar and other things!

CONCLUSION

I decided to write this after a new player vented his frustrations to me. I have been playing PERP since 2013 and I only want to see it succeed. Please consider the impact that kevlar and weapon balances have put on new players, sometimes it feels that the voice of the PERP community is going unheard.

• Like 1

I agree. Kevlar is shit.

We, indeed, need more ATMs, cuz I need money for 'stuff' with me very frequently but for a short time.

Also, I know evocity wasn't made by anyone from HG, but if there is a more optimised version where I could get at least 30 FPS in the city, that would be great. I still don't get it why is the game performance so low in that part of the map. It's not like there are too many physical props or anything :/

Edited by Comic King

I agree. Kevlar is shit.

We, indeed, need more ATMs, cuz I need money for 'stuff' with me very frequently but for a short time.

Also, I know evocity wasn't made by anyone from HG, but if there is a more optimised version where I could get at least 30 FPS in the city, that would be great. I still don't get it why is the game performance so low in that part of the map. It's not like there are too many physical props or anything :/

There are other maps out there to consider, but as of right now it's something we are thinking longterm. One of the maps I continue to follow in its development is Evocity 3 by Sgt Sgt. Development has slowed down, but the screenshots look very good. You can track its progress here: https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1439184

There are other maps out there to consider, but as of right now it's something we are thinking longterm. One of the maps I continue to follow in its development is Evocity 3 by Sgt Sgt. Development has slowed down, but the screenshots look very good. You can track its progress here: https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1439184

Thanks for the heads up! This map looks gorgeous. Hopefully it gets a bit more optimised than the current map :)