Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What Are Your Cpu Temperatures?

Seth ⛧

So I recently upgraded my cpu cooler from a stock cooler to a corsair h60. I'm pretty satisfied with it so far seeing as my temperatures are at a solid 3 degrees Celsius (37 degrees Fahrenheit) when idle. when gaming it gets to around 10 - 20 degrees Celsius (50 - 68 degrees Fahrenheit). From what ive seen or heard, those temps are actually pretty damn good. So I just wanted to know what your temps are so i can compare and make sure im at a pretty solid point in cpu cooling. Also to make sure that maybe its not "too cold" or something like that.

- What are your temps when idle?

- What are your temps when gaming?

I mean OP's post seems like total ego bait but whatever... in relevance to his questions

Let's see:

On idle

5c2PyGt.png

When I did some stress testing on mine to see if it was stable (I believe this was a LINPACK stress test)

oDGWwSU.png

Talk about massive fluctuations

With a amd fx-4130 you shouldve spent the money to upgrade your cpu instead of buying a water cooler for a old cpu... yes the temps are good but you cant push that cpu to warrent a water cooler.

seeing as a new cpu is like a 10 fps difference between game performance I just dont have the money to make that kind of upgrade right now. I mean you are right but thats definatley something i plan to upgrade in the future.

seeing as a new cpu is like a 10 fps difference between game performance I just dont have the money to make that kind of upgrade right now. I mean you are right but thats definatley something i plan to upgrade in the future.

Similar to what Poundcakes said, its almost like putting lipstick on a pig. With an old cpu at 1400 MHz, buying a h60 was pointless and you won't ever see a benefit from it. You were better off buying a new CPU instead.

definatley something i plan to upgrade in the future.

Similar to what Poundcakes said, its almost like putting lipstick on a pig. With an old cpu at 1400 MHz, buying a h60 was pointless and you won't ever see a benefit from it. You were better off buying a new CPU instead.

buying a new pc is a bit overboard to be honest. I dont see why buying a new pre-built pc would be the answer at all. A good processor is around $300 and buying a pc for less than 300 is just terrible. Plus you have to understand that the processor is the only outdated thing I have in my pc. Ive upgraded a lot. I have a GTX 980, asus m5a99fx pro, EVGA 500W, 1tb of storage space, and 16gb of ram. Ive put off the processor upgrade because, well its obviously the most expensive and It wasnt my top priority item to upgrade even though maybe it should have been. I am aware that an h60 wouldnt make much of a performance difference. That h60 will definatly help me in the long road though seeing as its better than a stock cooler for temps and cosmetics. The processor is the next thing on my list to upgrade and well seeing as you had no idea what else was in my pc, saying to buy a whole new one wasnt a very good suggestion.

Unless all you play is clicker heroes that's not true at all, having such a weak cpu paired with such a strong gpu makes the investment in your 980 worthless, as you would only be able to see around half its performance depending on how cpu limited a game is. You could see almost a doubling in minimum framerates.

Edited by Short

buying a new pc is a bit overboard to be honest. I dont see why buying a new pre-built pc would be the answer at all. A good processor is around $300 and buying a pc for less than 300 is just terrible. Plus you have to understand that the processor is the only outdated thing I have in my pc. Ive upgraded a lot. I have a GTX 980, asus m5a99fx pro, EVGA 500W, 1tb of storage space, and 16gb of ram. Ive put off the processor upgrade because, well its obviously the most expensive and It wasnt my top priority item to upgrade even though maybe it should have been. I am aware that an h60 wouldnt make much of a performance difference. That h60 will definatly help me in the long road though seeing as its better than a stock cooler for temps and cosmetics. The processor is the next thing on my list to upgrade and well seeing as you had no idea what else was in my pc, saying to buy a whole new one wasnt a very good suggestion.

Perhaps you don't understand, at this point, you have a really dung processor and a decent GPU. Essentially you bottleneckled yourself.

I was going to say, at least you could overclock your processor lol. You could have had a few IPC gains at least from it

I mean your entire post was HEY GUYS I HAVE 3 oC because all my cores are parked.

Everyone in the thread is saying the same thing to you. Seems like you bought everything well except that processor.

Perhaps you don't understand, at this point, you have a really dung processor and a decent GPU. Essentially you bottleneckled yourself.

I was going to say, at least you could overclock your processor lol. You could have had a few IPC gains at least from it

I mean your entire post was HEY GUYS I HAVE 3 oC because all my cores are parked.

Everyone in the thread is saying the same thing to you. Seems like you bought everything well except that processor.

Unless all you play is clicker heroes that's not true at all, having such a weak cpu paired with such a strong gpu makes the investment in your 980 worthless, as you would only be able to see around half its performance depending on how cpu limited a game is. You could see almost a doubling in minimum framerates.

What processor would you all recommend?

Right now, you're kinda in floating world with AMD seeing as they are just about to release their first gen Zen processors. Depending on your motherboard, they may or may not support them. This may be advantegeous to you.

At this point, you are going to be looking at another Zambezi (4,6,8 core so pretty flexible there) processor or a Piledriver processor if you don't want to spend more money and have some sense of guarenteed compatibility. Without your motherboard in reference, it is a hard tell though.

• 2 weeks later...

Like enigma said you could wait for the new amd Zen cpus and upgrade then, or you could make the jump to Intel now. I would personally switch to Intel now if you can't wait and have the money seeing as how even the fastest fx chip (fx-9590) has been shown to bottle neck even a 970, plus the faster 8 core amd cpus run really hot.

Honestly, the past 5 years Intel has gained such huge lead on AMD it doesn't look like AMD will ever recover. Gone are the days of the Athlon 64 x2 making a joke of Intel.

That old CPU does not allow that GPU to flex is muscle at all. OP you'd be better off with any i3, i5 or i7 released since the fx-4130 was made.

My temps with an H100 range between 20C and 90C. The latter only when I'm doing extremely intense floating point calculations or stress testing.

As for your supposed temperatures... bullshit. An H60 alone cannot make the coolant inside of it any colder than ambient air temps. Since you apparently live in Pheonix Arizona, your ambient air temp is around 36C, so that means something else has to be going on.

At 7C with 36C ambient temps, even in dry ass failizona, your computer would be generating a considerable amount of condensation inside of it which will slowly but surely destroy the hardware.

Either:

A ) You have your computer near an air conditioner.

B ) Your BIOS/Management Bus is flawed severely.

C ) Your using a shitty program which cannot read a shitty cpu for its temps properly..

D ) You've set the offset temperature in your program to -30 because you're so clever and kewl.

Edited by Hydranix_

I don't know if anyone covered this, but your temperature could only get "too cold" if the temperature is below that of the room the pc is in.

If it is colder than room temp, condensation will form in the pc, resulting in BAD damage. Water is worse for your PC than heat.

My PC is currently running a little hot in the graphics card at 60C, buto is okay in CPU at 40C.

At least according to this shady program I downloaded. ;D