Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

admin revoked (Cs:s) Abuse Report (The Weekend)

Abuse Report

Abuser Name

The Weekend

Abuser's Steam ID/Unique ID

STEAM_11392745

Where did this occur?

CS:S

What server?

[HG] 24/7 Crackhouse Deathmatch - HeLLsGamers.com | gameME

How long ago did this take place?

Jun 19, 2016 4:25:05 pm

Give us a brief description of the incident.

I was in the Crackhouse server playing and all of the sudden I notice that The Weekend and another regular player in the server had gotten into an argument rather than just ending it then through admin chat The Weekend decided to provoke more from that player, when he had enough he finally decided to step it up to (ALL) chat and say "Sparta knock off the disrespect of admins, or else" as a threat.

Proof Links?

# The Weekend player number 6499207

# Chat History of the weekend

# Condump as extra proof if needed.

• Like 1

????

Just tried to log on and I'm banned, came here.

Player cast aspersions and disrespected me via the first line, "anyone can awp" blah blah. Told him he sucked. Continued to disrespect + argue, told him to stop via admin chat.

He said, "you mad cause you bad", and then he paradoxically replied with "how is that disrespect" in the following sentence, completing this 1984 Orwellian novel where war means peace and disrespect means calling someone else bad and inciting the initial argument in the first place. I don't take any sort of backhanded compliment or insult lying down. Probably a personality flaw, but there you have it.

Here is what I followed, per the written policies laid down by HG:

• Use the following procedure:
    • Warn (through either mic or chat)
    • Kick (with a reason)
    • Ban (and post proof)

[*]Do not use admin commands on yourself. Only one that is okay is slaying yourself. If you broke a rule the best thing to do it to apologize and don't do it again.

[*]Do not take someone's word as proof.

[*]Do not use your admin commands on any admins at your level.

@ In all chat

This command is used for verbal warnings for breaking server rules or explaining server rules.

--------------------------------------------------------

It says to use it for "verbal warnings". Player specifically targeted me and initialed the insulting, not I.

Also, Ruthless used @ chat to warn both me and the subject to stop fighting.... per here:

• Do not override (undo) any other admin at your level. Even if you think it is wrong
    • Admin levels go as follows:
    • Gold < Moderator < dA < dL+ (with access: root)

Both ruthless and I are Gold Admins so we are on equal terms with equal judgement.

Because I respect and defer to ruthless 99% of the time, I immediately stopped the argument after he said that instead of making more of a big deal about it, and did not use any admin commands (other than warning) on said target.

That being said, I can take each viewpoint and act with more magnanimity when people insult me/start something. Although, there are quiet a few HG Management people who do not take shit from anyone and I respect that highly and try to follow in that tradition.

Thanks.

WK

Edited by The Weeknd

Lets see how can I start off my rebuttal? Ah yes here we go,

Also, Ruthless used @ chat to warn both me and the subject to stop fighting.... per here:

• Do not override (undo) any other admin at your level. Even if you think it is wrong

The fact that you insinuate that I used (ALL) chat to tell you guys to stop arguing blows my mind. I clearly didn't use (ALL) chat to do so, you can find the proof on Gameme Player Chat Log or in the screenshot I took located here.

Player cast aspersions and disrespected me via the first line, "anyone can awp" blah blah. Told him he sucked. Continued to disrespect + argue, told him to stop via admin chat.

This was not said. Look at what was actually said here, In no way shape or form was "I can awp too" pointed at anyway let alone disrespect. In the picture just located just before this one the first sign of disrespect was said "[Admin] The Weekend: You suck at it" although he did continue on and say something back afterwards it was not him that started the disrespect chain.

- Ruthless

Since I don't have access to the logs and I consider you a friend and didn't screenshot it because I respected you enough to follow what you told me to do, it's your word versus mine. An objective HG representative can look at the logs if they wish. It happened after the screenshots you posted, apparently, because it did occur.

Since you aren't a liar, I can only assume you forgot, but it really doesn't have any bearing on the issue insofar as the abuse report goes that you lodged. The only reason I brought it up is because it had bearing on the equality of judgement and status we both share as same level admins, and I was dealing with a recalcitrant player as I saw fit. If you have a problem with how I do things, you can message me as you do.

I find what he said disrespectful and it degrades my gaming experience. I responded from there. That is my opinion on the matter.

The only avenue I have to respond is @ or in regular chat. @ masks who says is so it acts as a calmer and a deintensifier. If I had called him out regularly without using @ he would have argued more and it would have escalated into a bigger calamity.

That is the judgement call that I made. Wrong or right, I am at the mercy of the court here and there's really not much more than I can say other than:

That being said, I can take each viewpoint and act with more magnanimity when people insult me/start something.

I think anything beyond this requires a higher level moderator with chat log access, because you certainly said what you said with @ right after this happened. My memory is clear.

Ironically, Ruthless doesn't take a lick of shit from ANYONE and he is very quick to use warnings, mutes/gags, kicks, etc. when someone is being an asshat. I actually very much like/respect that and I really have no problem with you even now. I am careful when using my admin and again, didn't use any admin commands on him.

Quoting from the admin abuse section:

First ask yourself why you are posting an abuse report.

If your answer is anything similar to:

"I don't like this admin, he needs to get his admin revoked because he is bad at it"

and the abuse report is for a minor offense.

Stop.

I believe it's relevant for the powers that be that I am appealing to here and now.

WK

Edited by The Weeknd

Oh WOW, I just looked at the screenshots that you posted and you're RIGHT, you didn't use @ chat. Apparently my memory isn't as good as I thought it was.

My bad Ruthless, I apologize.

Completely and utterly wrong on that one. You got me to second guess myself so I looked at everything again and you're correct.

Still doesn't invalidate my point of:

You did so using regular chat which as far as I'm concerned is similar if not the same as the point I was trying to make...but in my memory it was @ all.

Again, I apologize.

WK

Edited by The Weeknd

Thank you for admitting your mistake, I do still however hold my ground on the following.

Still doesn't invalidate my point of:

Notice the following, All of the screenshots are in order as taken in Counter-Strike: Source and have a timestamp. If you follow what was said before this one here would be the third where you told him to stop disrespecting, now screen shot number four located here depicts that you proceeded after telling him to stop being disrespectful "[Admin] The Weekend: Scroll up loser, and be quiet" which I then replied with a simple knock it off request in general chat.

This is my last post in this abuse report unless requested by Fortis or Iron Chef.

WxZMg.gif

I actually very conciliatory admitted that I was wrong on this occasion about your use of @all chat.

The truth is you use it liberally and without using too much of my time to investigate via the game chat you provided, you can't tell whether or not @ was used in the link you provided (game chat, not the screenshot of the game itself.)

I was wrong this time on that very specific @ charge, but in truth I probably got it crossed or mixed up with another time that you used it. Again, I do defer to you and don't have anything against you so I don't have mountains of "evidence" or screenshots every time you do it.

Again, it doesn't refute my point of you overriding me blatantly, actually more transparently than @, in game chat, so at the end of the day it doesn't matter. It only matters for accuracy's sake, which I do care about.

I don't think you were correct or justified in calling out another same level admin. You should have messaged me first. My humble opinion.

Again, I'm at the mercy of the court and have plead my defense. This too will be my last response, and I'll chose to end it a little differently than you.

I still respect you Ruthless and I think you're a good guy.

WK

Edited by The Weeknd